Question about the NZ visas

Ragdoll

I plan to head out to Nz for a couple years (with a mind to stay permanently) once ive saved some money (couple years minimum due to some debt) and have just been looking at how I'd go about it doing it.

I hold cs31, 32, 38, 39 and im 21.

On the Nz immigration website it says you need 3 years relevant experience to get a work visa (Through the short term skills list). I currently work for a landscaping/gardening firm and only climb once a month or so at the moment. Would that count towards the experience?

If I were to go the sponsorship route through one of the bigger companies is there still a requirement for 3 years of experience. I plan to move to a tree firm at the end of 2017 regardless of what im doing in the future and hopefully look at leaving for Nz at the end of 2018.

Tah for your help.

Both Treescape and Asplundh are always looking for workers. This might be your easiest way to get a work visa and be sponsored. Failing that, get a visitors visa and then try and apply for a work visa over here. Both Treescape and Asplundh have agreements with immigration with regard to visas I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Get as much climbing experience between now and 2018, go find a company that will get you on the ropes and in the trees, trust me, it'll be invaluable when you hit kiwi side. Them trees are BIG!

Go in on work hol Visa, shop around before settling for a sports speed visa, some companies are not so great.....

Both Treescape and Asplundh are always looking for workers. This might be your easiest way to get a work visa and be sponsored. Failing that, get a visitors visa and then try and apply for a work visa over here. Both Treescape and Asplundh have agreements with immigration with regard to visas I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

What he said⬆get yourself out there for a working holiday and see if you like it before jumping ship. Travel the towns and cities before settling down in one spot. It's easy to get work when your there and the experiance will come.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Arbtalk mobile app

• 3 weeks later...