daughter wants a laptop for xmas ????

superfurryanimal

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Macbook Air 11". £749.

Four year old models are making £450-500 on eBay no trouble at all.

That may change slightly if they bring out a Retina Macbook Air, but the general premise is the same. Your Windows laptop will most likely not be working after four years, let alone worth well over half of it's purchase price.

John Lewis will do you three years insurance for a further £80. Assume you buy including insurance, £829. Sell after three years for £450. That's cost you just £126 a year for trouble and worry free computing.

My 8 year old MacBook Pro still works and is still worth £200.

Mac all day long, for what it is going to cost in pc repairs as they are so easy to hack & get viruses, it's worth paying the extra.

hmm I don't disagree Macs are nice but really? I work for Dell so I may be biased plus I use Linux machines at home but in 20 odd years of using PCs I've never had a virus or any drastic failure. I accept I am more careful with what I do but even so for the price of a Mac you could probably have 3-4 decent Windows laptops....

Dell; done.

Dell are not what they were unfortunately IME, I have spent heavily with them in the past, never again:thumbdown:

Mac book airs here, I've had mine for about 5 years and my Mrs has had hers a year or so and they have both been faultless :thumbup1:

Macbook Air

I wanted a new laptop, (my last, £600 dell, 4years old was almost unusable as so out of date) so i looked at spending £500 on one, then i needed the office package (£80) to actually do anything useful on it, plus antivirus £100, then it was only £100 away from the cheapest Macbook.

I asked advise from friends, and the one comment that stuck in my head was you never hear of anyone going from a mac back to windows.

I don't get the best out of my Mac as I'm not great with computers, but i am extremely happy with it and so glad i spent the extra for quality.

I even got £200 quid knocked off as i wanted the cheapest but they diddnt have that in stock so gave me the one I've now got for the same price :thumbup: (i was told that apple products were sold at a %5 loss by my media friend too so he was suprised at my deal)