Bad customer service thread!

Big T

Hiya,

I know were not allowed to name and shame but I just wondered if I'm the only one who always seems to get bad customer service!? I recently bought an Echo saw after being fed up with Stihl's silly internet sales policy and reading good things about them on here. I ordered the saw online from a well known garden machinery dealer. The saw turned up and wasn't PDI'd, it was slow to pick up the revs and wouldn't rev out properly. With hindsight I should have sent it back but I had a few jobs lined up so just cracked on with it. Today I popped into my local garden machinery/Stihl dealer and dropped the saw off to be tuned, got a phone call saying that they couldn't do anything with the saw as they didn't have the correct tool to adjust the hi/low jets. I then went to another place, after waiting 10 minutes for him to get off his personal mobile phone he took the saw outside, pulled it over until the recoil mechanism came to the stops a few times. Got it started, revved the bell out of it while it was cold and randomly fiddled with the hi/low jets (while resting it on a steel bin) his conclusion was "this is crap, have you seen the Mitox top handle saws we got?" He then tried to sell me one, I explained that I don't have a climbing ticket...."don't worry about that, we sold 6 this week and only one guy had a ticket...". When I asked what I owed him he took £10 that went straight into his pocket. I wasn't impressed and shouldn't have paid but I just wanted to get away! I won't name the place but it's on Water-me-trout industrial estate, Helston, cornwall. So I still have a saw that ain't running right!:sneaky2:

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I went to a large DIY store to get a couple of bags of Miracle Gro compost (2 for £10), lots of pallets in the car park out front, compost, bark ships ect. I parked next to it ready, went in said to girl what I wanted, she handed me a piece of paper and a pen and asked me to go write down the bar code off the bag so she could sell it to me! Have they not heard of price look up tables, usually a strip of bar codes sellotaped to the side of the till. Good job it was a Wednesday, can you imagine the fun on Saturdays.

Shame your not a bit closer Big T I would've gone over/thru it for you as prob got a tool to fit and tune it etc. The initial dealer isn't within spitting distance of me are they?

Depends if Ab#by gardens are close to you! Lol!:blushing: