do you help/work for nothing

predator

where i live i have pensioners bungalows all around me and upto all the trouble/bad luck i,ve had in my life i,ve always mowed the gardens for my neighbours as most are disabled and struggle to even get out at times there familys dont help or visit much so i end up helping out mowing the lawn and having a chat with them as i feel sorry as one woman has a steel rod through her spine and cant bend another has learning problems and others age related illness,s etc the only thing i have ever acepted is a cup of tea or a bag of sweets as all i want to do is help them enjoy there garden more as thats all they have left in life

be honest am i mad lol or just kind for helping them out etc. To be honest a thankyou is enough for me as they then end up sitting in there garden chating etc over the fence to me as my garden,s boundry has 5 pensioners gardens around it and they seem to enjoy the sunshine more being out after i,ve strimmed mowed there grass but over the last year i,ve not had the will to do it to be honest its hard to get motivated and feel like i,ve let them all down now i just suppose i will have to push myself harder to do more should i be in the looney bin

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nothing wrong with a bit of good karma :thumbup:

dont feel like you are letting them down, you have to make sure number 1 is looked after too! As you come around this stage in life you will be back to doing their gardens and looking back and reflecting on this part of your life, and will have learnt from it.

Not at all. I do my neighbours gardens when I strim mine, there only small and it's take minutes. Started when I strimmend mine and the girl next to me was having trouble itch the cheap electric Argos strimmers she had brought so I offered to cut grass. Got a tea from her and then the other side and a door down either side from them.

Keeps me amused on days off for a while. Get to hear gossip from them all, and also if I start the saw up in garden or make some mess or noise they don't mind.

You are a kind person willing to help out people, who through no fault of their own have many challenges to deal with on a daily basis. You are not ready for the loony bin, however you are preparing your self to be far better prepared to handle the future and the unknown. Your numerous acts of kindness will continue to keep yourself well grounded and on the straight and narrow. After all ,you have created a bond with these folks that only some can understand and regrettably fewer can appreciate. Continue to do what you can, I am sure they are more greatful than words can describe.

easy-lift guy

Do you do all your tree work for free :o ... It's YOU thats putting pressure on the industry not the cowboys :P.

Only joking of course :). It's nice to here such acts of kindness in todays fast paced lifestyle. It's good to keep customers/neighbours happy, was taking down a sycamore for a customer last week and they asked for a few stem sections to be left as a souvenire (sp) ... I spent a few minutes cutting them into rectangular blocks for seats and took the edges off for them, kept them sweet and they were appreciative ... and who knows future guests may ask who made them and then you get good praise as an arborist/decent person :D.

no i dont do any treework i leave that to the experts i pass any work i get offered onto sean @ ashtree care/services he,s a good bloke and like the rest of you been a big help to me as i feel he makes time for me and understands my situation mental health probbs etc

its a good set up really i get free firewood and he gets the work his lads keep busy so on etc

i just thought i was being stupid as other people around me say i,am daft for doing it but think there just being selfish not helping otheres as i,ve had to buy repair old lawnmowers and on my 2nd strimmer now at my cost it,s money i hav,nt got to be honest but just want to help as it,s not a money thing to me i hate the stuff it causes to much hassle in life me thinks" its just my nature to help respect otheres that cant help themselves especially older folks as thats how i was brought up

There is nothing 'daft' about helping other people, but at the same time make sure you look after number 1. Don't push yourself, and don't feel bad if you can't cut the grass one week. The world would be a better place if there were more people who cared in it.

Good Karma from doing good deeds for others, especially those in need is very valuable. It re-inforces the community bond around you, something sadly lacking in most places. Endeavour to do at least one good deed a day. It makes me feel better.

Keep up the good work.