Lone site working

twigger

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I work on my own,only time I feel vulnerable is if im working in a dodgy area and I have to keep an eye on my kit, also if I go into a shop and have to keep watching my pick up if anythings on the back worth nicking.

How long you been a woman then Steve ? :biggrin:

Mind you I did some work for a bloke a few years ago and he kept coming to the back door offering tea/coffee while he was naked. I felt quite vulnerable there I can tell you:thumbdown:

As I recall it was a rather warm day, and besides, with a mug of tea in each hand I needed some way of holding the do-nuts.

I work on my own,only time I feel vulnerable is if im working in a dodgy area and I have to keep an eye on my kit, also if I go into a shop and have to keep watching my pick up if anythings on the back worth nicking.

Same with me, work on my own it's my kit I always get nervous about more than myself. I am a bloke by the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk mobile app

I have an app on my phone that you can pre-instruct to call for help by texting or phoning and playing a recorded (by you) message.

You can set who it phones etc, it's activated by pressing the camera button for 3 seconds.

I always carry a knife and it is always sharp.

I normally carry a small forest axe as well.

I find out the exact coordinates of where I'm working the day before and put them in a text as having to explain "after 300 yards through the brambles there is a stone, turn into the nettle patch there and keep going till you get to the snapped Ash that looks like a dragon, then carry on along that line until you see that one oak that's bent a bit to the left then I'll be just 200 yards to the right" does not work so well.

I make sure my family know those coordinates and when I expect to be back and try to let them know if my timing changes much.

I am 6'4, 16st, ginger-bearded Viking.

Thanks for replies. Please could I have the name of a good app to send grid ref and/or send "help!" messages?

I don't think I would enjoy a naked client... depending what they looked like I suppose it might be ok!

Are there many women using this forum, does anyone know?