How's this for maintenance help

bobh

was in halfords today buying a new headlight bulb when I overheard another customer asking a member of staff if there was anything he could do to stop his car using so much oil?

the answer - fit new spark plug :confused1:.

Could not believe it

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahahahahaahahaha the good old Normans of halfords.

Just used to love asking at the desk for a part and they could only bring it up with the reg number of the car. Used to have fun saying its for a quad or tractor.

I stopped using there parts desk as they just get it from partco and add there cost to it.

Went in for a battery the other week. Asked if I needed help, said I'm looking for a large battery with the pos and negative the wrong way round......got a funny look and shown a battery, said it was wrong as the terminal were the right way round and not the way I needed them. Think he gave up as he said he could check on the computer for me. :lol:.

i went in there recently as i wanted a new radio with bluetooth handsfree, they asked if i would like it fitted and i replied that i dont think i could fit under the little orange tent thing in the car park to which the spotty nerd laughed and says "why do you drive a tractor or sumink?" Well yes i replied. did you see me drive in? Look on his face was priceless as i led him out to the valtra!!

Needless to say i fitted the radio myself as i think it all got a bit too much for him!

i went in there recently as i wanted a new radio with bluetooth handsfree, they asked if i would like it fitted and i replied that i dont think i could fit under the little orange tent thing in the car park to which the spotty nerd laughed and says "why do you drive a tractor or sumink?" Well yes i replied. did you see me drive in? Look on his face was priceless as i led him out to the valtra!!

Needless to say i fitted the radio myself as i think it all got a bit too much for him!

Classic, gotta love em:lol:

Got asked by a Halfords punter how to remove his windscreen wiper...my fame must be spreading! Pulled it off and jumped in the car and drove off at speed before he asked me to fit the new one:lol:

Big enough to save £6 but not old enough to fit it:001_rolleyes::laugh1:

i went in and asked for a coil and points for my 1987 2.5l petrol 90 and the idiot on the desk asked if it was for the naturally aspirated or turbo diesel, he then got offended when i called him a r!"^&d and pointed out that diesels dont need coils etc

in my defense Steve, I think it was an accurate comment, but will control myself next time :lol:

Some companies just get right up my nose. Mind you, following on from this thread I think I should go in and try some of Rich's tactics to wind them up. A lot more constructive perhaps if I have 5 minutes to waste :thumbup:

Dad and i went to a local Halford in our 110 and said we needed 2 new headlight bulbs and because they had an offer to fit them for £5 per bulb we were more than happy to oblige. We left them with the keys and showed them the start up procedure and went shopping. We came back 3 hours later with the bulbs still in their boxes on the drivers seat with a note saying "Couldn't change bulbs due to awkward location". They were still open so we started it up and showed them how easy it was to fit them. About 10 mins per bulb and they were replaced. We got a refund for the bulb fitting. We saw another operative putting engine oil in the header tank and antifreeze and water mix into the top of the engine as he thought the water can with oil drip was where the water goes ha ha. Just as well the owner asked for his sump to be drained and cleaned and the same for the header tank. Would have been extremely expensive otherwise.