Working horses thread

plippy

i think this is the rite place to put it, if not steve or andy will correct it:thumbup1:

share ya pics here of heavy working horses

heres a couple of the old man working a show and some more pics of other heavy horses

100_0562.jpg.635a420687f735a5722844b8713fb481.jpg

100_9597.jpg.df7d15e15fabe09b1017ea84af6727c2.jpg

100_9605.jpg.8944614c6a7e8c8e1d983fccb370c3ce.jpg

100_8640.jpg.1b8d84ea39cc684c40dbe5712c255782.jpg

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice pics Phil:thumbup1:Me n the missus would'nt mind a visit to the next show. Would probably bring my uncle along aswell.....Jimmy Stockbridge, master saddler and harness maker. I bet a pound to a penny he's made or at least worked on some of those there harness'

Edited by Mick Stockbridge

Nice pics Phil:thumbup1:Me n the missus would'nt mind a visit to the next show. Would probably bring my uncle along aswell.....Jimmy Stockbridge, master saddler and harness maker.

theres plenty on around kent, theres one in farming world near me in august, the old man will probably want ya uncle's number:thumbup1:

anyone go to the heavy horse trust show in eridge? Boss is a big fan and has got a heavy horse to.

we have also done a couple of charity days there clearing the woodland ride widening etc very friendly place.

elo mate, i always miss the shows but the old man makes time for them

here's some more

100_8610.jpg.efe8babd48e6ac276d353e011f8dac07.jpg

100_6766.jpg.8839f4fc507ce50eed8aec2ee8c90c36.jpg

100_1099.jpg.0b33f2ac6c1617ba9bbf5de3379d1c87.jpg

Not managed to get to any open days or shows there,but spent a day with the horses about five years ago,great people, very helpful and knowlegable.

Spent most of the day learning about the horses and the tack,but the short time that we spent out in the woods was astounding,I'll never forget shackling a very large pole to a fairly small Ardennes - it just walked away as though we'd tied a broom handle to it !

Great day and wonderful beasts - recommend it to anyone who gets the chance

Nice selection of pictures and lovely horses. The third picture, the black horse is very like one of mine- what is he/she?

hi kat1e, im not sure:confused1: some of the pics wer taken by the oldman, ive got loads more,its just finding them