free downloadable planning application maps

woodland dweller

Hi anyone. Is their any site i can download maps for a planning application for free.

You can use print screen. Technically it is probably a breach of copy-write.. Although I think (I could be wrong) bing allows you to use their maps/photos if you reference them

Hi,

I use centremapslive.co.uk I just paid £32 for a 2.6ha site.That was for an AutoCAD file, not sure if a pdf would be cheaper. I think there is a minimum charge of about £11 per map, but obviously depends on how big your sites are. You draw a box around the area you want and it gives you a price before you order.

Edited by Crisspy
Additional information

You can download open source maps for free - such as Open Street Map.

MapQuest Open is a good tool to let you select and save an area of Open Street Map, which you can then edit using something even as simple as Microsoft Paint.

If you want something a bit more techy and detailed than MS Paint, Serif DrawPlus will let you edit pics in a lot more detail, and then save/export to pdf or CAD format.

Reasonably priced too at around £80 I think for the latest X8 version. Older X6/X7 software versions are considerably cheaper - and all are a hell of a lot cheaper than several £000's for an autocad licence, whilst still doing pretty much the same thing.

You can download open source maps for free - such as Open Street Map.

MapQuest Open is a good tool to let you select and save an area of Open Street Map, which you can then edit using something even as simple as Microsoft Paint.

If you want something a bit more techy and detailed than MS Paint, Serif DrawPlus will let you edit pics in a lot more detail, and then save/export to pdf or CAD format.

Reasonably priced too at around £80 I think for the latest X8 version. Older X6/X7 software versions are considerably cheaper - and all are a hell of a lot cheaper than several £000's for an autocad licence, whilst still doing pretty much the same thing.

Only problem with the above is the Location and or site plan need to be at a recognised scale 1:100/200/500/1250/2500 with a scale bar, building and site boundaries (both yours and neighbouring). I dont think any of the free sites will show a lot of this, and i think paint/word will be very difficult to get it to a scale although users ability will affect this. The planners wont validate an application if the plan doesn't meet these requirements.

Pumpy is correct, if you (assuming you are the owner) have an OS from the sale of the land you can just photocopy that.

The free sites will provide a map at a given scale - which you can then manually put the scale bar (self drawn if need be) via paint or any other cad type software.

Trust me, it works. All my planning maps, tpo/cons area and even 5837 surveys are done this way, and never ever had one returned. Ever!