Good show HSE!

kevinjohnsonmbe

One sentence caught my eye;

"It’s highly unlikely an employee would even pursue a civil claim against the employer."

The fact that the thought is even there to say that is, to my mind, a portrayal of the litigious (sp?) society we live in. "I got stung at work, who's to blame?" ffs.

The wasp .

on the other hand where i work we discovered a scary huge wasp nest in roof space of tool shed, too well in and large for us to even think about spraying it in any kind of safety.

we requested the boss get pest control out to deal with it as every time we worked in there with light on the wasps were getting grumpier and more keen on chasing us out, first two times we asked we were told maybe - its expensive (they are on a contract to do bait boxes etc anyway). eventually the boss gave in as we found another 4 nests that were a problem.

now i ask if one of us had been attacked and stung many times would we have just said oh well or thought for sake of a few quid could have been prevented.....

possibilitys of a claim then were a lot higher.

I got stung last week twice, it involved me running out from under a conifer with a sore arm, :thumbdown: so we returned with a blower and I continued cutting and chucking logs out, but the guy on the blower is terrified of wasps so he kept trying to blow them away from around him and not me, and I got stung on the other arm!:sneaky2:

So on the way home in the Mog, 1 got in the cab and I kept whooshing it his way as he went ballistic trying to get away for it, he was nearly on my knee!:laugh1:

True Story:001_smile:

I delivered some goods to a hotel a while back in a lorry , one corner of the car park was taped off , I needed the space to turn around and asked why it was taped off , a woman told me it was because there were bee's over there , to which I replied looking at the tape ... " won't they just fly over that ?" ..the look on her face was priceless !!!

I delivered some goods to a hotel a while back in a lorry , one corner of the car park was taped off , I needed the space to turn around and asked why it was taped off , a woman told me it was because there were bee's over there , to which I replied looking at the tape ... " won't they just fly over that ?" ..the look on her face was priceless !!!

:biggrin::lol::biggrin::lol: