Husqvarna t540xp disappointing!

Jay

Earlier this year I changed my 200t for a 540xp. It was great for a week or so but now still only a few months old it seems to be deteriorating very quickly. It has already been back on warranty work and doesn't seem to rev up properly. It sounds more like its playing a tune when you run it full throttle than rev up to a constant speed. Also seems that when you get down to half a tank it won't run on its side. Great when bring down the trunk wood! Has anyone else had these problems?

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Yes I did, and insisted on a new saw as the lead time of over a month on simple warranty repairs was not acceptable.

Been hammering my new one the last few months and so far it has been superb.

Earlier this year I changed my 200t for a 540xp. It was great for a week or so but now still only a few months old it seems to be deteriorating very quickly. It has already been back on warranty work and doesn't seem to rev up properly. It sounds more like its playing a tune when you run it full throttle than rev up to a constant speed. Also seems that when you get down to half a tank it won't run on its side. Great when bring down the trunk wood! Has anyone else had these problems?

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Do a search for threads on T540 and you will find you are not alone ........

DSCF0032.jpg.e370b9ed0161e6b88d897ebad3c5e19c.jpg

I would check that the tank vent isn't leading and that the impulse pipe isn't either detached or split.

I have seen these two problems on the 540

Why mess about on a new saw? Especially if you have sent it in for repair already?

They are great saws when they work, and do not break. I am very happy with mine albeit 3rd 540

I'm very tempted to sell 540 after only a few months. I'd much prefer a new 201. Especially if the new ones with the upgraded bits on are an improvement. My 2011 201t has been pretty good really. The 540 annoys me every time I use it.

The 540 edges the 201t in performance, build qaulity and reliability wise the 201 beats the 540, "obviously" not quite as robust as the evergreen 200t's but we got to look forward and get over our loss.

I'd hold fire on a 201t although the newer models are a great improvement over the first runs I reckon we will see an auto tune 201 in the near future, which may bring it on par with the 540.

Why mess about on a new saw? Especially if you have sent it in for repair already?

They are great saws when they work, and do not break. I am very happy with mine albeit 3rd 540

I thought it might save him some down time and expense in returning the saw again etc.

I'm very tempted to sell 540 after only a few months. I'd much prefer a new 201. Especially if the new ones with the upgraded bits on are an improvement. My 2011 201t has been pretty good really. The 540 annoys me every time I use it.

That's contrary to most "reports" I have read on different forums - but I have no personal experience with either model.