Willow tree split by storm Doris

BriarPatch

Question

Hi,

The willow tree at the bottom of our garden has been split by storm Doris.

Have you any suggestions as to whether it can be saved or should it just be felled?

Also could you estimate the costs for the options? Based in Merseyside.

The photos below should show the scale and the damage.

Many thanks,

Jeremy

P1040662-R.jpg.46fa22a428c5cc2592e2b77520bec12a.jpg

P1040665-R.jpg.60b4e433c21846c053cdacc566b2c1b0.jpg

P1040667-R.jpg.afae9e18071a3a3839763bea9b989b5e.jpg

9 answers to this question

Hi,

The willow tree at the bottom of our garden has been split by storm Doris.

Have you any suggestions as to whether it can be saved or should it just be felled?

Also could you estimate the costs for the options? Based in Merseyside.

The photos below should show the scale and the damage.

Many thanks,

Jeremy

[ATTACH]217404[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]217405[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]217406[/ATTACH]

Hi, in my opinion, I would remove the tree in its entirety. You could pollard the tree to just below the crack, it would reshoot, but would be a waste of time with no real amenity.

I'm not from your area, so I'm unable to give a solid quote, but if it was me I'd be around the 450 mark, all waste away. There could be a high possibility of a mewp being required, upon inspection when quoting.

Hope you get it sorted.

Thanks

Hi, in my opinion, I would remove the tree in its entirety. You could pollard the tree to just below the crack, it would reshoot, but would be a waste of time with no real amenity.

I'm not from your area, so I'm unable to give a solid quote, but if it was me I'd be around the 450 mark, all waste away. There could be a high possibility of a mewp being required, upon inspection when quoting.

Hope you get it sorted.

Thanks

I wouldn't hand about figures without seeing the tree, looks almost 4 foot at base maybe 2-3 transit loads, I'd never usually hand out a price online but I'd hazard a guess around 900-1500.

Just a guesstimate. They look like 18" breeze blocks to me. Id run 7.5t and hilux for that job.

What area are you Carl?

2 vehicles, 2 or 3 blokes? Doesn't look like it's particularly favourable for climbing, certainly not rigging, can't tell distance to roadside from the pics.

Can't understand how you'd punt it at £450?

What area are you Carl?

2 vehicles, 2 or 3 blokes? Doesn't look like it's particularly favourable for climbing, certainly not rigging, can't tell distance to roadside from the pics.

Can't understand how you'd punt it at £450?

I'm from just north of stafford

2 men for the day on that.

Obviously I can't tell the drag, from what I can see I can't really see the reason for any rigging? Plenty of ratchet straps (occurrence in a couple of posts) I'd drop a few down for a brash mat, and crack on. Like I said a pure guesstimate. Back to OP, hope you get it sorted.

Edited by Carl_s1991

I'm from just north of stafford

2 men for the day on that.

Obviously I can't tell the drag, from what I can see I can't really see the reason for any rigging? Plenty of ratchet straps (occurrence in a couple of posts) I'd drop a few down for a brash mat, and crack on. Like I said a pure guesstimate. Back to OP, hope you get it sorted.

Yeah probably going to need to ratchet my confidence if I had to climb that one and avoid rigging if possible. Your day rate for 7.5tonner (so operators license, Tacho and cpc i assume?) plus Hilux and kit is a bit low.... don't undersell yourself but appreciate it can be hard in the beginning.

It's very easy for me to comment as I am not in your position but don't like to see people undersell themselves.