Loler software

aiden

Hi

i am day three of a Loler training, which seems to be going ok. Trying to find a program that will make it easy to record all my items and produce a print out with all the information needed for a loler certificate. Not very good with windows spreadsheets but will learn to use them if it is the best software for the job. Can people please list the software other loler inspectors are using?

thanks

I think you have answered your own question - excel. You mostly likely already have it amd it's very capable but of software.

Next step I'd maybe look at a Microsoft Access. Build yourself a database with a front end form that you can print. A lot of hassle for the info required.

Access is a good suggestion as you can build it to print 'reports' designed as you need with the content taken from a back-end excel file.

Access is a very basic database management software, but with a little time and learning some very easy SQL, you can make it do some very useful things.

See this guide - I have a copy, its very good.

[ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/Access-2013-Missing-Manual-Manuals/dp/1449357415/ref=sr_1_4?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1456953218&sr=1-4&keywords=access+the+missing+manual]Access 2013: The Missing Manual (Missing Manuals): Amazon.co.uk: Matthew MacDonald: 9781449357412: Books@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41pWVJY2-DL.@@AMEPARAM@@41pWVJY2-DL[/ame]

It probably wont be as long as you think with Access, as its pretty easy and you can drag and drop lots of elements to set it up eg forms etc.

Other then that SQL is a very text based language with simple operators, so, for example you write a query where you want to know the result of: IF X AND Y NOT Z = then the DB gives you the answer and pops it on your forms. You can store a whole set of queries in the DB so the next time you upload your data (ie from an excel sheet), the queries run and hey presto - out pops a new form with the answers filled in.

This is the simplified version of events, as setting it up will take some amount of time, but I genuinely don't feel its a hard task - but I am good with tech, perhaps you are different?

Best of luck either way, and you can post access files on here (or via pm/email) for me to have a look at if you run into problems.