Advice please and thoughts

AlGibson82

Hi guys, just looking for a bit of advice. Looking into getting my own chipper but would be looking into hiring myself out as van and chipper when I've not got work on of my own. Do you think this would be a way of topping up the diary? I'm in the midlands but would be prepared to travel within reason. It's a big investment as you know so just trying to gage everything before I take the leap.

although it is a big investment if you can get the work for it then there is no need to worry. DO NOT under any circumstances buy a timberwolf... there utter poo unless you go for the bigger tracked ones. we had a forst on demo for a few days, not bad at proccessing, the build quality is excelent however the sump sticks out underneath so in a forest environment may get punctured. the greenmech quad track we had for a couple of days was a nuts piece of kit, stick a lump of hawthorn in and walk away. it wasnt built as well but by christ it got through it. And, for what you get it a good deal for (im you haggle) 18,500 brand new. hope this helps a little. i would get a tracked one if you can on the basis it can go anywhere. :001_smile:

Been thinking the same thing too but abit further in the distance yet. Just out of curiosity what would you see as a fit day rate for a van chipper climber and all the gubbins, i been thinking about what I'd be asking for but want to know what you would charge or what others would feel is a good price to pay I know there are so many variables In a price but was thinking a ball park figure.

I think if people have plenty of work in then it's a decent way to cull the work load down without owning another complete set of gear just sending one of the groundies with you or maybe bring your own.

Good luck with it though.