tech cert

tree79

Ok great,

I didn't know the old L3 could be counted as a L4, and of course the certificate still says level 3

I know, that's what I mean by woolly. Mine says L3 also but I landed a job which required an L5 qualification a few years ago with TC.

The industry has always given TC more credit than other L3's such as National Diploma. I've done both and they are not the same level, nowhere near.

I've just finished L6 and I would recommend this route to anyone, especially with the new way of assessment. Lot of work but well worth it.

The post nominal for tech cert is Tech Cert (ArborA), not to be confused with TechArborA which is technician membership of the AA.

Hi Chris, 'et al', this is correct, thank you.

Also, Tech Cert (ArborA) is a level 3 qualification regardless of when you attained it. Only under the 'new' system has it been substituted by the ABC Awards Level 4 Arb.

Many, understandably, are under the impression the qualification was upgraded to level 4 when ABC Awards took it on from the AA as the awarding body sometime ago but this was never the case. Perhaps its fair to say it was level 4 teaching for a level 3 exam, at least where Mssrs Summerly and Dowson where involved.

Regards all, and Happy New Year :001_smile:

Paul