Goldini Euro Articulated steering

timberbear

I'm on the verge of ordering a Goldini Euro 45SN, with oversize flotation tyres to be used on our 70ac holding. The ground is fairly steep in places and full of wet rush on the flat. It's going to used for general estate duties fencing, tree planting,towing walking stone around (3km of dykes to rebuild!). Eventually it'll have a flail/topper on the back for some rush management. Talking to another dealer yesterday about the Pasquali Siena who mentioned the issue with mid steering machines tipping over. I've been driving small tractors for 25yrs and am well aware of the dangers of working on steep ground but limited experience on articulated machines. I've got to get the machine ordered today if I'm to take delivery next week or should I wait and look into the Siena? Any comments welcomed.

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1464417373.064801.jpg.a48b3a05c0c8783958fd2a6e49b97757.jpg

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pivot steer is slightly more unstable on side slopes but only when turning as the centre of gravity shifts as you turn.

Wider tires and practice and experience can overcome this.

Not heard about them causing more ruts than conventional steer machines but others with more experience on wetter ground might be better to advise on this.

Artic steering means front wheels follow same rut as back or vice versa.

The stability issue increase with weight of implement or how far it hangs from rear/front axle. At steady speeds not so much an issue. I've had to lower Implements to stabilise in situations in the flatlands of East Yorkshire when negotiating ruts and plough furrows etc.

Realistically like any vehicle you will learn the feel for your combined capabilies

The squiggle steer of America can be really handy hitching up, mowing and other situations.

Is cost or perceived stability on slopes the deciding criteria?

I would favour a small conventional agric 4wd tractor, like a Deutz Agrokid, I saw a 60HP cabless model advertised recently for stupid low money.

On fat tyres set out a bit perhaps.

The farmers in the Alps seem to manage fine on shocking steep slopes with relatively standard tractors is all.

And surely the mention of rushs implies boggy, and Alpines are belly low and easier to bog, get stuck.

cheers

marcus

I've got a ferrari alpine articulated tractor

Got it because I was insurance assessor and had seen lots of rolled over tractors in n Wales - generally v happy with it

It will cock a wheel up in the air if you start to get too close - scares you to death first time it does it .....

Worst problem is the clutch pedal sticks below tractor, and in snow ( or heavy mud I'd guess ) this can stop you pressing the clutch - real bummer if you stop the engine and can't restart without digging all the crap out

I think everyone laughed when I bought it but now I get people turning up wanting to buy it ....

Worst thing is it won't carry an ibc container of logs

Thanks for the replies. I should have mentioned the ground conditions are great in the summer and as I'm managing the land for wildlife, nesting waders etc I won't be trashing over the rush which covers about 20ac of the land. I've started putting tracks in etc. to allow me passage, it's a valid point about the alpines being low slung but with bigger tyres gives the extra lift. I use a pasquali 45 for our woodland management work but has a turning circle like a 130! What swung the goldini is its impressive 1200kg lift on the rear, so will be great for moving the pallet loads of fencing materials around. So being a bloke I couldn't wait and the goldini is arriving Thursday!