A groundie helmet with good ventilation....

SteveA

Hello y'all

Now the warmer and dare I say consistently hotter weather is with us I'm thinking it would be nice to have a summer helmet to stop my head boiling like an egg inside my non-vented Husqvarna groundie helmet.

I don't climb so don't need chin straps.

Any suggestions?

cheers, steve

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello y'all

Now the warmer and dare I say consistently hotter weather is with us I'm thinking it would be nice to have a summer helmet to stop my head boiling like an egg inside my non-vented Husqvarna groundie helmet.

I don't climb so don't need chin straps.

Any suggestions?

cheers, steve

Just drill out the depressions in each side of the ridge . About a 4mm drill . I think it meant to be but the side cores in the mould tool don't quite shut off leaving a flash .

Just drill out the depressions in each side of the ridge . About a 4mm drill . I think it meant to be but the side cores in the mould tool don't quite shut off leaving a flash .

I thought about doing that but then I'd get drips on my head when it chucks it down with rain.

Cheers, steve

I thought about doing that but then I'd get drips on my head when it chucks it down with rain.

Cheers, steve

If you are not wet you are not working ...........Do it to all of mine . :001_smile:

Or for better ventilation drill 40mm holes all over and the air will stream through!

However, I'd buy a Protos helmet.

Or for better ventilation drill 40mm holes all over and the air will stream through!

Cor, they look good and mighty expensive. A 40mm drill bit shouldn't break the bank... :laugh1:

cheers, steve

If you do that it could compromise the integrity of the lid . You get a 4inch dia stick hit you on the sweed you want it to bounce off not cave your lid in !

If you do that it could compromise the integrity of the lid . You get a 4inch dia stick hit you on the sweed you want it to bounce off not cave your lid in !

I think he was taking the fish with 40mm. Either that or missed a decimal point.... 4.0mm :laugh1:

cheers, steve

As one of our lads found out a while back Stubbs. Al was only joking about the holes :)

image.jpg1_zpsok5iiwgq.jpg