Chainsaw left on site

TreeTiger

DLO Chargehand left a husky 560 on site yesterday.

He only discovered this morning that it was gone.

Suitable punishment?

Looking at written warning.

If it was a small firm he'd be paying for the replacement saw but we're ex Council DLO and his TUPE T&C's don't include the cost of replacing lost kit.

:banghead:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Suitable punishment?

If it was a small firm he'd be paying for the replacement saw but we're ex Council DLO and his TUPE T&C's don't include the cost of replacing lost kit.

That would be because you couldn't make that stick

I've done this.

Left a site in a hurry (had to collect a sick kiddo from school) left a saw right beside a fairly busy footpath one Friday afternoon...

Didn't work on the weekend, Monday was a slacking (storm so paperwork) day. Didn't even realise until Tuesday lunchtime!

Raced back to that job after racking my brains as to how or why it could have gone missing from the truck?

Theft; not likely as all other saws present.

Fell out; surely I'd have noticed.

Borrowed; nobody that has access to my tools would dare without permission

It was exactly where I left it!

Did he/you go back to check?

Suitable punishment?

Take him out the back of the workshop and give him a damn good kicking, little scrote.

Suitable punishment, I ask ya?

He's cocked-up, not killed someone!

It was exactly where I left it!

Did he/you go back to check?

Did the same thing with a hedgecutter, left it on the side of a road and got 30 minutes drive away and realised when stopped for fuel, still there when I got back. Worth checking

Sounds like he`s only human, if the rest of his work ethic and attitude are good maybe just some "stiff words of advice" hopefully he will learn from that and keep his respect for the boss. If he isn't a good employee well, whys he there?

Sounds like he`s only human, if the rest of his work ethic and attitude are good maybe just some "stiff words of advice" hopefully he will learn from that and keep his respect for the boss. If he isn't a good employee well, whys he there?

Ditto.

I've made some stupid costly mistakes but it's been my time and money lost. I remember them when someone else does the same with my time and money.