Mulchers that can collect

billy_wizz

Just mulch with your mower, after you've done it. put it back to collecting mode on a higher setting....

Or use the mower on a higher setting, then lower to mulch.. Can't think why you want to mulch and collect at the same time though...

I might be confusing matters Im looking to primarily mulch but have the option to collect if the grass needs knocking down a bit first!

My advice is DON'T get drawn into the world of Mulching !!! its not that simple . If you going to knock the top off and collect then carry on collecting has the Mulcher will struggle its tits off with the coarser part of the grass that will be heavy with Moisture.

Mulchers work brilliant on short dry well maintained lawns (cut weekly) and that's what they are designed for .

Yes you will see contracters fir Councils etc with Mulching decks in the pissing rain but the Machine will just be making Green grinding paste and they are not arsed about paying the maintenance bill .

I swear by Mulchng mowers but only this week with the adverse extreme Warm freak dry weather we are enjoying after 8 months of Rain lol .

Ste

Something which you change the blade on to mulch rather than put a plug in would be better. But never going to be as good as a dedicated.

It looks like my Toro 53cm has a two blades. Presumably the small winged one keeps the grass airborne to mulch. I think it might be an advantage to remove this blade if collecting. Rubbish collector with the two blades on but I always mulch now so never tried with one blade.