Canada.

colwoodlandcare

I'm thinking about doing a trip to Canada to see a friend and do a bit of exploring out there but would also like to get some work in while there.

I'm not sure how easy it would be to get a job climbing there?

I'm lucky enough to be able to leave my business partner to keep running the company at home.

Where if any one has been can any one recommend?

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Colwood Land Care, Tree surgery, Sussex

I arrived in canada 2 days ago on a 1 year IEC work visa. The process is long and confusing but essential if you want to work here. You would have no trouble finding work. Otherwise I think you can come over on a tourist visa for 3-4 months but you will not be allowed to work.

Vancouver,Vancouver Island, Granville Island & Whistler, great places, never made Stanley Park which is supposed to be spectacular, drove by it on way up to Whistler.

I lived in B.C. almost my whole life. Vancouver is ok for a few days, but it is a city, you've seen enough cities. Stanley park is in that city, its spectacular, I guess, if you are from the UK.

Cool drive, head northeast out of Vancouver on highway #1, Fraser river, that road was originally built by the British Army in the 1860s. Go straight at Cache Creek (HWY #97)and head to Williams Lake. Hang out there for a bit and head out on hwy#20, to Bella Coola. Beautiful country, the best.

Also very cool, Haida Gwai (Queen Charlotte Islands), you can fly there from Vancouver in 2 hours. Or you can drive 1000 miles and a 7 hour ferry ride. I have done both, a few times. It is a magical place, rainbows, eagles, ravens, shiny black bears. And massive trees, the trees that are like 150ft tall, 3ft at the butt are small trees, we used to climb them to swing over to the big ones.

Working there, hmmmm. If you keep asking, you will find something. Unless you are production falling, or working around high voltage, you do not need certs like in the UK. As that Reg guy that is from here and works on Vancouver Island.