Pest pickup for doing short trips

Woodworks

Do lots of short trips for log deliveries and seems my current vehicle does not like it and dumps diesel in the oil as mentioned here http://arbtalk.co.uk/forum/arb-trucks/93878-dmax-issues-where-do-i-stand.html

So what engines can handle a life of short runs from cold without self destructing? Needs to be a single cab with good sized load area. Not going to get too hung up on tow capacity but 2.5 tonne minimum.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do lots of short trips for log deliveries and seems my current vehicle does not like it and dumps diesel in the oil as mentioned here http://arbtalk.co.uk/forum/arb-trucks/93878-dmax-issues-where-do-i-stand.html

So what engines can handle a life of short runs from cold without self destructing? Needs to be a single cab with good sized load area. Not going to get too hung up on tow capacity but 2.5 tonne minimum.

Older ones without DPF regeneration cycles .

Hi mate buy a vw Or a Toyota thanks Jon

Erm you lost me there TCD

I think what he was getting at was if the engine was at running temp there would be less crap for the dpf to deal with less regenerations and fuel dilution. Also nice warm cab no scraping windscreens with the engine running. Could be worth a thought.

I think what he was getting at was if the engine was at running temp there would be less crap for the dpf to deal with less regenerations and fuel dilution. Also nice warm cab no scraping windscreens with the engine running. Could be worth a thought.

Hi Steve I cannot understand why not just take the pick up pick up back to dealer and telling to keep the rubbish we done that with a brand-new Land Rover thanks John

Does this heater bring the engine up to temp or just heat the cab ?

Hi Steve I cannot understand why not just take the pick up pick up back to dealer and telling to keep the rubbish we done that with a brand-new Land Rover thanks John

You recon I can get them to take it back and return my money? Love it if I could can't see it being that easy.