New chain saw

Tomeaston

Hi guys, looking for a new chain saw we cut a lot of hard wood and soft wood. Looking for a second hand saw which will be new to me. Anyone recommend a great saw? I have an husky 365xp special.. And husky 141, and few other saws. Looking for a saw capable for 30" +. Or an great saw that's just an over all beast. Thanks tom In Scotland

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Right okay yeah was looking at a 066 but also was a though of just getting a great saw one that doesn't bog down loose power jam up when cutting, 20"-24"? Any recommendations??

Hi, Stubby is spot on,

Although you could consider grinding the transfer ports or Spud port on the 365 to up it to a 372, I'd have thought it would be fine on a 24" bar, but if you want a 'beast of a saw' as in your OP, you're into 90cc or thereabouts - depends how fast you want to cut your wood Vs available funds.

The 390xp is a 0.058" guage bar & chain should be interchangeable with your 365 - trivial, but worth a note, whilst the 395 is 0.063" guage.

Echo & Dolmar also makes some impressive larger saws so well worth considering.

Edit1: SugiHara lite pro for me too - cracking bar

Edit2: Semi skip for 0.058 guage not easy to come by but there is an ebay seller in USA that does it., 0.063 guage semi skip/skip seems more widely avaliable in UK.

N

Edited by NFG