Aldi gone mad on logs .....

IVECOKID

Looks pretty puny, limited to 250mm dia logs.

Talking of log sales my local free issue magazine that came in today has 7 ads for logs, while I do advertise in there I don't advertise logs. 2 other stove companies who sell Certainly Woods logs do the same.

All the new ones seem to be arb lads selling off their logs, prices down to £65 - £70 for a cube for seasoned hardwood delivered. If it is what they say and in the volume they say which is probably unlikely then its not worth buying cord in and having the investment in gear to process it. We will see how it pans out over the winter.

A

Edited by Alycidon

Again Aldi flogging Electric Log splitters ,axes ,moisture meters ,splitting mauls and usual chainsaws ... Will this effect the old log sales again.

Ste

I don't think it will affect your log sales will focus people's minds on winter coming especially with current weather. Toys like this keep the whole wood burner fad going. People buy this junk and realise how much work goes into logs then pick up the phone and order a load. :biggrin: