Chain brake

james todd

Hi ...i am relatively new to saws but have done my 30/31 but there is something im a little stuck on and it may be beyond my knowledge .....when the chain brake is applied on my 026 it stops the chain but with any revs at all the chain will move again so i figured its the brake band of torsion spring....ive stripped it down and the brake band seems fine no cracks and doesnt look worn and also the torsion spring is intact...all the clutch return springs look intact aswell ...i am at a bit of a loss so hoping for some advice off someone more experienced ....cheers in advance

Dont rev it with the chain brake on . Why would you want to ? I very rearly use the brake but I understand why you do ( its because you have been told to in your training ) but mechanical sympathy , surely , dictates that you are asking to opposing forces to do battle ! Put the brake on if you must but dont make it work harder than it needs to .

Stubby i appreciate the answer but i dont think thats the point ...it should work thats the point of the chain brake ...manual for huskys state to rev with brake on to test it ....i realise the course makes you do this more than an experienced user but its not solving whats actually going on with the saw ...

Spudulike....i have atripped down in luding taking the clutch componenets off but it does seem to be fine ...the only thing i have maybe noticed is that the brake takes slightly more pull to disengage ..cheers

Stubby i appreciate the answer but i dont think thats the point ...it should work thats the point of the chain brake ...manual for huskys state to rev with brake on to test it ....i realise the course makes you do this more than an experienced user but its not solving whats actually going on with the saw ...

Spudulike....i have atripped down in luding taking the clutch componenets off but it does seem to be fine ...the only thing i have maybe noticed is that the brake takes slightly more pull to disengage ..cheers

Yep you are right I know but when I first used a saw they did not have a chain brake . ( and no AV either ! ) So I am " old school " and rearly use it . Ignor me . :001_smile: