13mm climbing rope

DJP Arb

Hi guys

My groundie cut my climbing line in half yesterday whilst snedding up a large limb. Iv been climbing on Yale XTC for about 6 years. I like the feel of 13mm and works well with my hitch climber set up.

Is there anything else i should have a look at before buying another length of XTC?

Cheers

XTC is bomb-proof.

Scorch is the orange one, best for visibility, which should help your groundie.

My retired climbing line has rigged big lumps, pulled trucks, tied loads down and been a swing at kids parties.

No, it's not LOLER'd....

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Yup, I re spliced my 11mm XTC Blaze after 1 years use (it's never taken me that long to cut a rope before!) and a few cycles through the washing machine.

It was hell. My palms blistered, I broke my girlfriends meat tenderiser on the bury, the banisters have never recovered from being used as and anchor, and I kicked the cat.

To look at the finished splice, I'm sure I'm the only one that would climb on it. Then again, I'm the only one who saw how much blood, sweat and hate it took to finish the sod.

Next time I'll just buy a new line.

Rope is cheap, however much you pay.

I'd never economise.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

I don't buy it, that's the problem!

I'm due a new line soon, I'd live CB with a splice, since I'd like to use SRT more soon, but getting it ordered will be a no go since no major suppliers stock it online!

It seems that the ropes people are recommending for SRT are not available with a splice.

Might just have to try Tachyon.

I made my boss buy me a rope last week instead of me wearing out my own. I picked up the teulberger 12.5 as I used to have the 11.5 before and I liked that. It's really nice on the hitch climber and you dont really notice much difference in weight. Also it was quite cheap from honey bros. Worth having a look