Atv forwarding trailer

Johno219

Fine on flat ground but struggling with any type of hill as the bike starts to lack traction due to the trailer quickly getting heavier than it can pull, same trailer behind am alpine style tractor was at least 3 times as productiveand actually less ground damage in my experience.

Hi we are also based in Lancs we purchased one about 20 monthes ago and have to strongly agree with greygit flat dry land ok,flat wet greasey land a bit of a no go and any sort of incline a big NO we tipped ours over about 7 or eight times in a week, and one thing to look at is i dont think there is a quad out there that is designed and built to tow/pull a trailer that weighs approx 500kgs empty and then 1500kgs plus when its loaded i got that fed up with ours that i set to with grinder and cut it up redesigned it and made it wider for better stabilaty and beefed it up to carry 2 tonne and bought a 40hp kubota 4wd tractor to pull it moved about 500 tonne with it and had NO problems since i rebuilt it, but its got a lot more going for it as it is now than it did before

Don't own one but from experience, the comments are bang on. Level dry ground is ok, even slightly greasy level ground is doable. But put an uphill section into the equation and things start to go downhill; backwards downhill as I witnessed. Ok if you're running rounds and small lengths downhill but up is a no no. Also a problem on greasy downhill slopes, is the inability to reliably stop a loaded ATV pulled forwarder.

That little red trailer looks the business! Who stocks it, do you know the specs and any idea of cost please. In the market for one at the moment, looking at sticking it behind a Holder. Many thanks, Pete.

My mate sells them. I think it was this model i demo'd, was told it will lift about 600kg close in.

the biggest one, trailer = 235kg, crane 218kg, load capacity 1.9tonnes. 4 meters long so even with quad attached its all under a ton and fits on a long trailer.

Price, 2 examples from the internet. the big one with driven wheels, steerable drawbar and telescopic boom, new about 12k. the smaller (1.6tonne capacity) without driven wheels, ex demo, about 4k, 5k new. very rough prices

0088671038.jpg.3cfd5dce4ca66a06a3274be4bf82eef8.jpg

7771251153.jpg.72f580f15847030fbd30513f3299570f.jpg

Those are the quad ones. the tractor ones are between 3-5 ton load.