Massey T20, log splitter, wood chipper

doddie82

Hi guys, I fancy a old Massey T20, but I need to run a wood chipper and a log splitter.

It's only to use on my land and it's not going to be worked hard,

Any ideas can the T20 cope with a splitter? And will it run a wood chipper ?

Neil

Hi guys, I fancy a old Massey T20, but I need to run a wood chipper and a log splitter.

It's only to use on my land and it's not going to be worked hard,

Any ideas can the T20 cope with a splitter? And will it run a wood chipper ?

Neil

Hi NEIL HOW LARGE IS the chipper and splitter thanks Jon

Hi Doddie, T20s and some 35s have quite low low flow rates. 3 .or possibly 3.5 gpm which is similar to a good electric splitter. If its for your own use then speed is not really an issue otherwise a PTO splitter would be the answer.

I grew up on a farm and one of our tractors was a little diesel 20. Great machine, built well, easy to drive and lasts forever. It is good to see these old tractors used for what they were built for, you just have to size the implement to suit.

Make sure you have a working ki gas when you buy it. Starts so much easier and the tank and pump are very expensive for what they are. Good luck with it.

For private use, I run a circular saw on a grey Ferguson dual fuel. Works a treat! I would imagine a splitter, either cone or blade should go okay but a hydraulic woodchopper maybe a hit much in terms of cost/benefit ratio.