Echo HC-2100 hedge trimmer

Duncan R

I have just bought one of the above on a bit of an impulse buy really....I have been using a cheaper Ryobi hedge trimmer attatchment on an extension (and an electric trimmer) and it's not been particularly good to cut approx 150ft of 7ft high privet. The above appears in good condition, blades sharp and starts and runs very well apparently but what should I expect? are these good units if up together?

I know these are single sided, which will take some getting used to, but other than that I can't seem to find much info' on them.

Best pro hedgecutter, period.

That settles the nerves a bit......looking forward to getting and firing up :001_smile:. Just have to cobble together a platform and that'll be me happy for as long as it takes. I've sort of given up on using the extended effort, more than anything I can't really see what's going on and the finish isn't great. Wanted a decent blade length to be able to get a nice flat finish right across, there is some thicker stuff growing throughout the privet which i'm hoping this cutter will sort.

Can anyone help me with a few questions reference the above cutter please......recieved today, fired up well and revs freely and smoothly but want to grease gearbox and replace spark plug. Two things, is Oregon gear grease (used in the strimmer gearbox) suitable? also I have a new NGK BPM7RA plug although the manual calls for BPM7A...would this plug suit as I'm guessing it's the same plug but with a resistor fitted?

Can anyone help me with a few questions reference the above cutter please......recieved today, fired up well and revs freely and smoothly but want to grease gearbox and replace spark plug. Two things, is Oregon gear grease (used in the strimmer gearbox) suitable? also I have a new NGK BPM7RA plug although the manual calls for BPM7A...would this plug suit as I'm guessing it's the same plug but with a resistor fitted?

Plug good, any ideas on the grease?

Appreciate any help.............:confused1:

Plug good, any ideas on the grease?

Appreciate any help.............:confused1:

I think the plug will not give any issues - the reach should be the same and the heat rating is the same - the one you have has a built in resistor but know no more - I have seen worst alternatives and don't reckon it will be an issue .

On the grease - I just use a heavy LM high temp grease, my answer is that ANY grease regularly applied will keep the gears in good working order. These gearboxes fail through LACK of grease. The gears are relatively slow moving so any thick grease should do and just top it up regularly:thumbup:

Others may differ in opinion but that is what I do!

Ta' Spud, yes the plug is fine (old one in there looked like it may of been there years so just making sure with a new one) and it's running very well, taken your point on the grease :thumbup1:

It's a damn good cutter is this, any ideas on age at all?....either it's lead a charmed life or been looked after, it runs very smooth/strong and sounds lovely.

Ta' Spud, yes the plug is fine (old one in there looked like it may of been there years so just making sure with a new one) and it's running very well, taken your point on the grease :thumbup1:

It's a damn good cutter is this, any ideas on age at all?....either it's lead a charmed life or been looked after, it runs very smooth/strong and sounds lovely.

Echo usually put a sticker on the item with the year of manufacturer. I am not that familiar with the Echo stuff so cant put a date on it for you.