Mini Digger Thumb

Commando

Im looking at fitting a thumb or similar to my ZX30 digger for moving timber, brash and rocks about. I dont want to spend a load on it but want something that will last. Thinking of a fixed thumb as hydraulic is probably more than I want to spend

Any ideas or recommendations/options appreciated.

Cheers Craig

I had great success with a Digbits Thumb on a Takeuchi Tb016 for very little money. It paid for itself first week out.

It was on a friend's machine, and it's been a real bonus to him since.The best thing we did was junk the standard stay arm and replace it with a tractor top link which means you can adjust it to be exactly where you want it.

However that being the very cheapest option and solely bought for one job, I'd recommend you pay the little extra and get yourself a decent grapple.

Plenty to choose from and hopefully guys on here will share their experiences of them as there is a huge range of price/quality variations out there.

Someone like Abiljo will make whatever you want and ensure its Hardox, as that's ideally what you want.

Eddie.

IV got a RSL engineering 5 tine grab on my 3 tonner - well over engineered and really well built- I use it for shifting granite boulders/ timber the lot and its hardly worn at all over a years constant use.

I had a Digbits grab before- well built but I thought it was far too small for the machine they said it was built for.

RSL products,look at my Avatar

I have hopefully just bought a digger and am planning on getting a ripper Tooth grapple and a thumb from rsl. He is only 5 miles from me so I went to see him for a chat, was hoping to see some examples but he doesn't keep stock for understandable reasons, shouldn't be more than 14 days lead time though. And he offered me a bit of a discount if I have more than 1:thumbup: