husky 357xp problem

hi guys , i have a problem with one of my husky 357 xp's , basicly the saw will start and run like all of the others but as soon as the saw is warm and has done a little work as soon as put the saw down to idle the tick over speed picks up rapidly and the the saw stalls , if you catch it in time and open the fuel tank the revs drop and saw carrys on ticking over . i have tried tuning and that has not solved the problem . the saw is roughly 2 and a half years old . has anyone elts had the same thing ??? i would really be greatfull for any help or info .:001_smile:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds to me like the fuel tank vent is blocked, when it runs it's causing a vacumn so leans out, as you take the tank top off you let air in so it get the right amount of fuel again, hope it makes sence!

hi guys , i have a problem with one of my husky 357 xp's , basicly the saw will start and run like all of the others but as soon as the saw is warm and has done a little work as soon as put the saw down to idle the tick over speed picks up rapidly and the the saw stalls , if you catch it in time and open the fuel tank the revs drop and saw carrys on ticking over . i have tried tuning and that has not solved the problem . the saw is roughly 2 and a half years old . has anyone elts had the same thing ??? i would really be greatfull for any help or info .:001_smile:

STIHL !!!!!:001_tongue: sorry . try a new fuel filter . or is it pulling air somwhere ??

i have had the tank off and the vent looks clear , i have just had a look at another 357xp that is roughly a year and a half younger , the tank braether on the new saw is totally different , but not sure it its because something is missing from the broken saw or weather they have changed the design . anyone got any ideas ?????

i have had the tank off and the vent looks clear , i have just had a look at another 357xp that is roughly a year and a half younger , the tank braether on the new saw is totally different , but not sure it its because something is missing from the broken saw or weather they have changed the design . anyone got any ideas ?????

post a pic and dont give it to groundie

good news guys , i spoke to husky's technical department this morning , they asked for the serial number so i gave them it and they told me it was a faulty carb and that they would send me a new carb for free , i then asked weather it was common and they told me it was untill they changed the carb from a warbro carb to a zamma , so wile i was there i checked the other serial number on the other 357 and they are also sending a carb for that one for free . tbh im really impressed with there response , its a shame stihl were not as help full with my ms200's i have had to pay for 5 carbs for them !!!!