vermeer sc252 clutch

swinny

Ever since i bought the 252, the wheel would spin at idle and increased revs even when clutch not turned on!

How does this electronic clutch work? It shouldnt be engaged till switched on, when it gets a positive feed...

The grinder has had a brand new kohler 27hp engine fitted by previous owner, the clutch doesnt look to be right on the woodruff key, also the bearing case looks knackered.

I was hoping i could testthe clutch and if ok put new bearings in?

If not it will have to be a new clutch.

Tha comes to my next thing, how to get the bugger off? As i said it doesnt look right on the woodruff key which leads me to believe its going to be an arse to remove!

Any help greatly appreciated

Chris

The clutch has a brake built into it when disengaged brake applies to prevent idle drag!

What can happen is

1. Clutch not inline correctly and the belt tension is twisting the clutch slightly causing excessive drag

2. Bearing failure and locking up causing continual drive

3. Clutch engagement/disengagement has failed causing the same fault

4. Electrical fault and the live 12v feed is not being turned off but unlikely

Clutches are available non genuine (pm me)

Do you mean burnishing the clutch, if you have purchased genuine you should receive instructions on how to do this. Basically from new installation you need to engage/ disengage the clutch to a complete stop at high idle between 10-30 times dependent on the size of the clutch & the torque transmitted.

This will "bed in" the mating faces for a better drive.