Express Entry visa to Canada

Marko_87

I'm wanting to have a year (at least) working in Canada and am waiting for the IEC visas to be released. The date keeps getting put further back and I know that they will go quick when they do get released, starting to get impatient!lol

I have however read about the new Express Entry system that they have brought out this year and was wondering if anyone knew the likelihood of getting through as an arborist? Is anyone on here going for this type of visa?

Cheers,

Mark

Yeah have got my stuff together and will be ready for when they release them. Just trying to find alternatives in case they all go lol.

Read the bit about needing to do a language test, didn't realise there was an eligibility test. Will have another look!

Yeah have got my stuff together and will be ready for when they release them. Just trying to find alternatives in case they all go lol.

Read the bit about needing to do a language test, didn't realise there was an eligibility test. Will have another look!

Good luck,Im in the same boat but in NZ so plenty places are normally left over

Express Entry is not a working holiday program, it's a new system for applying for permanent residency. The IEC is the only working holiday visa, the other alternative is getting "sponsored". Get a job offer from a company, and they will help get a visa for you. Arborist alone I doubt will qualify you for express entry, as I understand, we first need to have 12 months of in Canada work experience. Seems a few are waiting of tenterhooks for the IEC to be released, myself included.

Express Entry is not a working holiday program, it's a new system for applying for permanent residency. The IEC is the only working holiday visa, the other alternative is getting "sponsored". Get a job offer from a company, and they will help get a visa for you. Arborist alone I doubt will qualify you for express entry, as I understand, we first need to have 12 months of in Canada work experience. Seems a few are waiting of tenterhooks for the IEC to be released, myself included.

Yeh True Paddy.

How long have you been in Canada?Can you get sponsored?

I have been here for about 9 months now. Although I had lived here before a while ago. Sponsorship is a great option, but it ties you to an employer, and can take a while to get all the required documents etc. A Canadian employer has to prove they cant find a Canadian for the job. IEC to get in, find an employer you like, and then get them to sponsor you once your visa expires is a great way to stay here for a while.

• 1 month later...

We are located in Calgary Alberta Canada and are looking for an Experienced Arborist. To start working in Canada you just need a job offer from a Canadian employer. The rules for permanent residence are currently changing but does not seem to have a major effect on this process as of yet. Local companies in our province (Alberta) would have no issue proving that there are a lack of skilled workers available in this trade right now. If anyone is interested in sending a CV or Resume, please send to [email protected]

We are located in Calgary Alberta Canada and are looking for an Experienced Arborist. To start working in Canada you just need a job offer from a Canadian employer. The rules for permanent residence are currently changing but does not seem to have a major effect on this process as of yet. Local companies in our province (Alberta) would have no issue proving that there are a lack of skilled workers available in this trade right now. If anyone is interested in sending a CV or Resume, please send to [email protected]

Would you need a LMIA visa?