CSCS Card

samthornton1990

Just reading up on them and which on I need and I came across this

'This Occupation is now covered by Land based Industry Skills Scheme, All applicants should contact BALI. Contact details are:The British Association of Landscape Industries (BALI), Landscape House, Stoneleigh Park Warwickshire CV8 2LG Tel: 024 7669 8652 Fax: 024 7669 0077 Email: [email protected]'

This was under the Construction Related Occuption card

Construction Related Occupation (CRO) | CSCS - Construction Skills Certification Scheme | Official Site

Does this mean that a CSCS card isn't required? And I need to sort it out through Bali?

We put our guys through LISS a while ago. It required a touch screen test as per CSCS, and attendance on a ROLO course. Then you send it all off with evidence of NPTC's etc and you end up with a blue LISS with your skill set on the back.

Many clients still seem to accept CSCS, but we've started to see specific requests for operatives with LISS.

It's easy enough to do, just a little long-winded and of course more expensive.

Hope this helps.

Just reading up on them and which on I need and I came across this

'This Occupation is now covered by Land based Industry Skills Scheme, All applicants should contact BALI. Contact details are:The British Association of Landscape Industries (BALI), Landscape House, Stoneleigh Park Warwickshire CV8 2LG Tel: 024 7669 8652 Fax: 024 7669 0077 Email: [email protected]'

This was under the Construction Related Occuption card

Construction Related Occupation (CRO) | CSCS - Construction Skills Certification Scheme | Official Site

Does this mean that a CSCS card isn't required? And I need to sort it out through Bali?

Hi Sam,

Look here Training - Arboricultural Association scrolling through to ROLO courses.

Cheers..

Paul

Call me cynical, but who do companies hire when they can't find a tree surgeon with CSCS?

If nobody has one does the project grind to a halt, or do they hire a tree surgeon that can do the job of a tree surgeon?

Of have I had too much Scotch tonight?

(Says the man who had to do the Arquiva online tick test (no swearing dontcha know)

NO, just get the white operative card, it takes about half an hour to do and most site agents just want to see a card that's in date.

Can this still be done with out a days training. I get cscs as part of my cpcs digger ticket. Trying to get my boy to be cscs is proving a right pita. I phoned cscs folk and told them my boy was a site labourer to try and short cut and was still told he needs to do a course.

Personally this whole system seems like a money making racket not a safety thing

Can this still be done with out a days training. I get cscs as part of my cpcs digger ticket. Trying to get my boy to be cscs is proving a right pita. I phoned cscs folk and told them my boy was a site labourer to try and short cut and was still told he needs to do a course.

Personally this whole system seems like a money making racket not a safety thing

I dunno, it wouldn't surprise me to learn they were trying to wring a bit more cash out