Free Help Offered Abergavenny Area

Morning guys.

I'd like to get some experience of managing woodland, coppicing, and hedgelaying before we acquire a small-holding in a few years time, and i'm quite happy to help locally over the weekends please.

I'm not sure whether this would suit you chaps or not, maybe you know an oldish owner around these parts who has a small neglected wood and would appreciate it and pass on some knowledge.

Suggestions more than welcome, thanks for your time :)

Nick

Morning guys.

I'd like to get some experience of managing woodland, coppicing, and hedgelaying before we acquire a small-holding in a few years time, and i'm quite happy to help locally over the weekends please.

I'm not sure whether this would suit you chaps or not, maybe you know an oldish owner around these parts who has a small neglected wood and would appreciate it and pass on some knowledge.

Suggestions more than welcome, thanks for your time :)

Nick

By gum-

You sound ideal.

I have got 30 acres of totally neglected woodland- in abergavenny.

Thank you TGB, that could be good, i'll email Rachel soon, should be a good route into hedgelaying :)

Did you PM me btw, because nothing's showing up and I haven't heard back from Welshwoodsman yet, and as i'm fairly new to this forum i'd like to make sure I know how the PM system works ?

Many thanks for your time :)

I constructed the PM after posting my reply. So you should have it now. With regard to the hedging courses run by the 'Long Forest Project' and through 'Keep Wales Tidy'. All necessary tools and PPE, (though not footwear or waterproofs) will be provided on the day/s. You can also get advice on appropriate tools for various tasks. Take a packed lunch and drink for each training day.

Hahaha, all seems to be working okay, thank you, and the links you provided are very much appreciated.

Hope I didn't come across as pushy, I was just keen to make sure I was capable of receiving a PM from Welshwoodsman when he's ready :)

Cheers

Nick

I constructed the PM after posting my reply. So you should have it now. With regard to the hedging courses run by the 'Long Forest Project' and through 'Keep Wales Tidy'. All necessary tools and PPE, (though not footwear or waterproofs) will be provided on the day/s. You can also get advice on appropriate tools for various tasks. Take a packed lunch and drink for each training day.