favourite 6" road tow chipper out of greenmech, timberwolf and jensen

Joe

which is your favourite road tow 6" chipper out of greenmech, timberwolf and jensen?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. which is your favourite road tow 6" chipper out of greenmech, timberwolf and jensen?

• greenmech
    • timberwolf
    • jensen

this is for a college project that i am doing of which is the best chipper out of the 3 listed. please vote and then give a short explanation as to why. please try and not talk about any other makes to keep my life simple :001_smile:

cheers in advance :001_smile:

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've a Jensen A530T which is not a road tow but I can assume the road-tow 6" is to all intents and purposes the same / chipping performance. It is very good with hard and softwoods and is only occasionally phased by stiff forks and bananas. The non-folding feed table is not recommended. Stress control / feed speed is blinding tho - very impressive. I have hired a road tow TW and I liked the feed control pads above the table but it was greedy on fuel and the feed rate adjustment had less influence on chip size. The 3 cylinder kubota diesel in the jensen has more torque and better fuel consumption than the 4 cylinder kubota in the TW.

Only experience of Greenmech was some 6" with an Isuzu engine years ago so not really fair to comment on an older machine. Nonetheless, if I was buying now, it would be at the bottom of my list of these three.

sorry i voted timberwolfs

down to value for money and parts availability and dealer location tbh

I have had some very long downtime with jensens

the only greenmechs i have really used have all been hire machines so not the best kept chippers out there and have used old ones

My comments here are both personal and professional. I used to use t/w machines, and the bearings were a nightmare, the blades were a nightmare to change and they were made of tin, none us liked using them. Then the directors bought some schliesing's and they were an absolute pleasure to use!!! We then bought some Jensens, (when they were cheap) but they have shot right up in price. We now use (and deal) Greenmech, and they are now setting up dealers around the country so there is a decent dealer network, parts are next day and they are excellent value for money. If anyone is a T/W, Greenmech, Quickchip user, next time you are replacing your machine try ALL the brands to see which suits your needs best. But as for hiring poorly maintained machines, that should'nt cast a shadow over the brand, which ever it may be.