Dolmar

TerryTibbs

This is mainly a collation of information from 5 or more threads about what's currently out there...TCD and Shavey have provided loads of info on what there is, and I want to know prices and availability...

As far as i'm aware TCD and SHavey import these, by these I mean the 5105 and 6100.

Are these Euro or US imports? Any differences?

After being exceptionally obtuse and buying a 550 instead of the 5105 because I was concerned about dealer support I'm actually going to do the right thing with my 60cc saw, and after Christmas certainly get another 50cc in the form of a 5105-H.

Can TCD and SHavey put up ball park prices so I know what the situation is? And to serve as a reference in the future for other people?

Cheers,

Chris

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to import the US ones (and still can if you really want one) until EU CE marked ones became more available; Shavey is a bona-fide agent for these. You can also get Dolmars through Makita UK (5 models only not inc the 5105 but the old 5100 do'h) by request but I'd sooner support Shavey on here; someone with passion for the brand and like myself who experienced the Sachs-Dolmar years and understand the pedigree of the Dolmar name, solidity of the machines and lack of electronics. :thumbup:

6100 on 18" 3/8 b&c was recently about £390+vat.

None of those compare well to the light, neat and agile 560xp, but I'd surely take the Dolmar over the Echo, even though it is good for an Echo.

ENOUGH SAWTROLL!!! You're a dripping tap of anti anything you don't like or agree with and it's gone beyond the pale. Absolutely sick of it :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown: The expression in mind has 3 "F"s in it.

This is mainly a collation of information from 5 or more threads about what's currently out there...TCD and Shavey have provided loads of info on what there is, and I want to know prices and availability...

As far as i'm aware TCD and SHavey import these, by these I mean the 5105 and 6100.

Are these Euro or US imports? Any differences?

After being exceptionally obtuse and buying a 550 instead of the 5105 because I was concerned about dealer support I'm actually going to do the right thing with my 60cc saw, and after Christmas certainly get another 50cc in the form of a 5105-H.

Can TCD and SHavey put up ball park prices so I know what the situation is? And to serve as a reference in the future for other people?

Cheers,

Chris

hello i have sent you a PM regarding prices on these two saws

both saws are proving to be good workhorses and reliable

but beware chris you will be told that the PS-6100 is as wide as a bus, heavy as a ship's anchor and rev's out like a clapped out lawnmower

:lol::lol::lol:

hello i have sent you a PM regarding prices on these two saws

both saws are proving to be good workhorses and reliable

but beware chris you will be told that the PS-6100 is as wide as a bus, heavy as a ship's anchor and rev's out like a clapped out lawnmower

:lol::lol::lol:

And yet; we weighed the 6100 on the digital scales the other day; the dol 6100 on an 18" was 500g lighter than a stihl 036 on a 16". Nowt wrong with 036 power to weight. Modern superlight saws are for hairdressers :laugh1: