STIHL MS 260 carb kit

morten

I have bought a slightly used MS 260, which has been sitting with stale fuel, which I suspect has caused the metering diaphragm and gasket to become glued together.

The carb is a Walbro WT 426A.

I am unable to get hold of a "carb kit", so I would like to know if which parts are usually included in a carb refurbishment kit.

I suspect it will be something like...

- 1120 129 0900 Metering gasket

- 1113 121 4705 Metering diaphragm

- 1120 129 0905 Pump gasket

- 1121 121 4801 Pump diaphragm

(the fuel strainer 1114 121 7800 is perfectly clean)

Does STIHL have a separate Part Number for the "kit"?

Thanks in advance.

PS: Any one know what the password is, that allows you to Copy text from the STIHL Parts List PDF documents? Pls send PM, if it shouldn't be shared publically ;)

You should just be able to use a K10-WTE carb kit which I think covers all the WT carbs.

Barrie (GardenKit) supplied mine when I rebuilt it last a couple of years back. :thumbup:

Thanks, but do you know what the contents of the kit were (which parts)? I'm located in Denmark, and postage from UK may make the kit prohibitively expensive and time consuming. My local Stihl pusher can supply parts in two days.

EDIT:

Just found out the official STIHL repair kit (WT-4) P/N 1121 007 1062: http://www.lsengineers.co.uk/set-of-carburetor-parts-stihl-part-no-1121-007-1062.html

Now I know the contents :)

Edited by morten

No sorry. The issue is that as I understand it the kit covers a range of WT carbs you can end up with quite a few spares. I had 2 gaskets that I didn't use plus a few other bits IIRC, so it's a case of knowing which bits in the kit are the right ones for your particular WT carb :confused1:

I just bought the kit and then matched the parts according to what I took off, and as mine was a WT 503, so probably slightly different to yours.

EDIT:

Just found out the official STIHL repair kit (WT-4) P/N 1121 007 1062: Carb Repair Kit for Walbro WT-4 - Stihl - 1121 007 1062 | Stihl MS260/026 Chainsaw Spares

Now I know the contents :)

Didn't see your edit before my last post, hopefully that works then, as I say my kit had more in than that but you may not need them if it's a proper Stihl kit. :thumbup1:

Just found an online reference to which Carb Kits go with which STIHL saw models (and carbs), including STIHL and vendor (e.g. Walbro) kit part numbers.

See http://servicesupport.stihlicademy.com/documents/ssd/JamesQuickGuide-42e3fbe1f61efccc28d09fcb3ba60b53.pdf

(section "STIHL Technical Reference Guide 2012-01 – Carburetor Kits")

and in case they remove the document, I'll attach a copy of it here ;)

JamesQuickGuide-42e3fbe1f61efccc28d09fcb3ba60b53.pdf