Course Review Roland Heming

simmo09

Spent the week in Dorset on my CS 30/31 with Roland Heming. Can't recommend this course and his other training enough. Great training venue, top instructors and a really good set up to learn and train. If anyone is looking to get trained or to send people on courses this has got to be the place. The accommodation was second to none too. Definitely going back to do the climbing courses at a later date. Also come away with a carved Eagle in the passenger seat of my truck(photo to follow), I hope.

Cheers for a great week Rol and Mart

roland heming forestry and arboricultural training and assessment

Spent the week in Dorset on my CS 30/31 with Roland Heming. Can't recommend this course and his other training enough. Great training venue, top instructors and a really good set up to learn and train. If anyone is looking to get trained or to send people on courses this has got to be the place. The accommodation was second to none too. Definitely going back to do the climbing courses at a later date. Also come away with a carved Eagle in the passenger seat of my truck(photo to follow), I hope.

Cheers for a great week Rol and Mart

roland heming forestry and arboricultural training and assessment

Doing my 21-08 December after 15yrs I thought bout time. Anyway had a good look around but roland has got the whole package right down to staying over which I'am for 3daysand 2 nights and a very good deal. Looking forward to it.

Seconded!

Brilliant tuition. Very knowledgeable & experienced instructors. Relaxed and fun atmosphere.

I had a reasonable amount of chainsaw and felling experience before this course but I've leant a heck of a lot more in a short space of time. I think I am now more efficient, safer & confident in what I am doing.

Thanks Rol & Mart!

George

PS Simmo, nice bird you had in your passenger seat ;)

Totally agree with Simmo and George, had a brilliant week this last week and learnt a lot! Mart was a very chilled out instructor, taking all of the pressure out of learning this week. Really keen to get on the climbing courses now, hopefully next year. Would thoroughly recommend this course to anyone thinking of doing some chainsaw work.

I did my basic felling certificate with Roland many years ago. At the time he was working for a chap named Tim Bendle. I'm pretty sure it must be the same Roland - he moved down that way a few years back.

He's a really good instructor, couldn't fault the guy. He's also a good laugh in between the serious bits which made the course fun as well as informative. :thumbup1:

Just returned home from climbing and aerial rescue course.

Whole group of four passed which says a lot for the team like atmosphere Roland nurtured.

Got us to enjoy ourelves which really got the study and practical into our thinking with ease.

Really pleased i had passed, but tbh by Thursday id learnt so much and my skills had improved so much with Rolands tuition, I would have left satisfied and considered the fee well spent if I hadn't.

The assessment itself went smoothly without pressure, with an easy going but concientious environment provided by the assessor, allowing us to keep the team spirit going...It really was a great week for me.

Accomodation was brilliant, room spacious and peaceful, spot on for study and revision, food excellent and staff really decent and friendly.

Would love to attend another course.

Cheers Rol, Hope to see you again soon.

Darren W.

I have to agree with all mentioned above. My impression was perfect all the time. I like the relaxed atmosphere of Martin's as well as Roland's courses. I came to England just three weeks ago and sometimes I struggle with the language, especially colloquial speech. But it was no problem for both instructors. When I didn't understand something, they were willing to repeat it for me again before I got it. Because of this fact, I can recommand this course for foreigners as well. When I was asking about some organizational extra things like a job searching, I was always given advice.

Cheers Martin and Roland,

looking forward to next week!

Vojta