Does anyone bother selling on ebay??

swinny

:confused1:

Wow listed some things and then removed them as decided not worth selling just keep in storage but i think a saw and something else had a first bid on.

So because they had a bid on they still bill you a full valuation fee....

so i've a bill for like 38.00 and not sold owt. :sneaky2:

probably to stop folk selling out of ebay

I've some things on there now with no bids on, just considering whipping them of now and forgetting about the whole EBAY experiance!

Used to sell thousands of pounds. Dont bother now I would rather give my stuff to a good cause rather than a crook or skin flint.

If you are a private seller you get 20 free listings a month just start the item at the price you want for it. If it does not sell you loose nothing. There are alot of pale crane necked people who sit on ebay waiting for people to make a mistake in their listings.

I tend only to do personal collection only with cash prefered. Rather than a stroppy courier turning up 2 days late and charging the buyer twice.

I've done loads on ebay.

Be patient with the listings - most of the action happens in the last 5 minutes. Sold a trailer last year and got a really good price and from other posts I've read saws can go for a good whack too. If you want to know what sort of price your stuff will go for, search for one the same that's for sale and put it in your 'watch list' - when it ends BINGO, you'll know what sort of money it fetches.

Thing is, everyone looks on ebay these days so there's loads of exposure and with it being an auction people can get carried away in your favour! There's always the odd idiot and there's planty of timewasters, but I've always found it to be a great way to sell stuff.

Stick with it, have a bit of patience and I reckon you'll be pretty pleased.:thumbup1:

I've done loads on ebay.

Be patient with the listings - most of the action happens in the last 5 minutes. Sold a trailer last year and got a really good price and from other posts I've read saws can go for a good whack too. If you want to know what sort of price your stuff will go for, search for one the same that's for sale and put it in your 'watch list' - when it ends BINGO, you'll know what sort of money it fetches.

Thing is, everyone looks on ebay these days so there's loads of exposure and with it being an auction people can get carried away in your favour! There's always the odd idiot and there's planty of timewasters, but I've always found it to be a great way to sell stuff.

Stick with it, have a bit of patience and I reckon you'll be pretty pleased.:thumbup1:

You can get a good idea of what things sell for by selecting 'completed listings' - you can see what sold and what didn't - quite useful.

On the whole, ebay's been OK. Had one bad experience with a buyer and a couple that were highest bidders and then never got in touch and even one who was highest bidder then decided he'd accidently bid on it and didn't want it.

Need to remember to decide what you want out of it then add the fees (listing, final value, 10% of postage and even paypal's slice too) and it's all good.

I like how I don't have to put a phone number up so I don't have to deal with people directly - I can decide whether I bother replying to any emails then.

The typical ones that get deleted are the ones starting "now mate will you swap it for my lowered saxo and a half used bottle of white lightning" or the ones that say they can get half of it now and the rest in two weeks :001_rolleyes:

yes.

i sold my hitchclimber system becasue i didnt like it.

used it a couple of times so it was in really good nick and got £65 for it

also sold a throwline cube which had been snapped on one side so it didnt stay open when using the throwline , didnt think i would be able to sell that but i did , cant remember how much for tho.

you will always get people bidding for your arb kit on ebay.

ive seen used ropes and harnesses on there which get up to 30bids on them.

personally i wouldn't buy a used harness from someone i dont know becasue i dont know whats been done to it and last time or if it has even been LOLER'd and especially not a rope but there will always be people out there who will.

Gumtree and preloved are a million times better imo.....you can put your price and phone number on and deal with people direct AND no fees at the end of it......:thumbup:

I tried selling one of my motorbikes on gumtree, I have never had so many dodgy texts from people who can't come and see it but will send a courier to collect it.

Ebay have got a bit pricey though, they did have a cap of £40 max on auctions but that is now gone.

Every thing i sell is buy it now.Only cost 40p a month cheap advertising and sell for the price u want.I dont no why people start auctions with the 99p start just to get free listings.I have had people pull there face when u collect the item u have paid a pound for when obviously they wanted a lot more.If they had ended the auction early because they wanted more money after a bid had been made ebay charges the seller ten per cent of the bid when auction ended 10p .