Blanks

dervishcarving

Hey chaps

a mate of mine regularly comes up with 'ideas' for making audio equipment/housings that rarely come to anything but he is a mate so i humor him :001_tt2:

the current idea is for a pair of 'cones' to sit on top of...god knows what, but to make them i will need some seasoned wood to turn. Given they are prototypes im likely to need to mess about a bit to get exactly what he wants. unfortunately I dont have any seasoned wood that would do the job.

so, my question is, do any of you people have say 3 bits of seasoned wood roughly 12cm x 12cm x 8cm?

exactly what wood is not so important but, to use his words, 'something at least a bit pretty'

if you do please give an idea of price to sell em and post up to scotland and ill pass it on to him.

many thanks. Dave

Hey chaps

a mate of mine regularly comes up with 'ideas' for making audio equipment/housings that rarely come to anything but he is a mate so i humor him :001_tt2:

the current idea is for a pair of 'cones' to sit on top of...god knows what, but to make them i will need some seasoned wood to turn. Given they are prototypes im likely to need to mess about a bit to get exactly what he wants. unfortunately I dont have any seasoned wood that would do the job.

so, my question is, do any of you people have say 3 bits of seasoned wood roughly 12cm x 12cm x 8cm?

exactly what wood is not so important but, to use his words, 'something at least a bit pretty'

if you do please give an idea of price to sell em and post up to scotland and ill pass it on to him.

many thanks. Dave

hi dave

would this be a bowl blank or a really short spindle blank?

i could supply you with mahogany, wenge, oak, cedar, makore or sycamore.

£5 per block+ postage which will be under £10.

that's for any wood.

i recommend the makore or mahogany myself as they look great. just looked at the cedar and it has a split down it so forget that. i only had the one bit anyway.

the sycamore i have for my skittles is pretty as he put it so would be fine for this too.

i do have some jatoba and santos mahogany but these are in 6"x 3 1/2" plank form not spindles but they are really nice timbers if you want to consider them...