BG75 issue

Dodge

Hi Guys, I have been given a BG75 blower as it has a problem running and as It has cost me nowt im going to have a good go at getting it sorted and even spend some cash on it :-)

The symptoms are it starts ok and will run fine for 2 -2 1/2 mins then cut out and wont start again for a good while.

So far I have changed the plug given the carb a good clean out checked the fuel line and cleaned the ignition coil up and checked for snapped wires etc .

When it cuts out its like the kill switch has been pressed, its not seizing and as far as i can tell the piston/bore look un-scored

Im erring towards a faulty coil as there doesn't seem to be a spark after it cuts out.

Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue ?

Hi Guys, I have been given a BG75 blower as it has a problem running and as It has cost me nowt im going to have a good go at getting it sorted and even spend some cash on it :-)

The symptoms are it starts ok and will run fine for 2 -2 1/2 mins then cut out and wont start again for a good while.

So far I have changed the plug given the carb a good clean out checked the fuel line and cleaned the ignition coil up and checked for snapped wires etc .

When it cuts out its like the kill switch has been pressed, its not seizing and as far as i can tell the piston/bore look un-scored

Im erring towards a faulty coil as there doesn't seem to be a spark after it cuts out.

Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue ?

Try adjusting the coil to flywheel gap - I usually use a typical business card between the coil and magnets, loosen the coil bolts so the coil sticks to the magnet THROUGH the card and do it back up again.

Cheers for that I will give it a go in the morning and feedback any Idea what the gap should be ? I cant seem to find a workshop manual on tinter web ( but I will use the card method)

Roger

0.3 mm across the power tool range, a card is about 0.25ish, so potentially will give a stronger spark

If like you say there is no spark after it stops try disconnecting the stop/earth wire from coil and recheck for a spark!

The small difference between coil to flywheel gap will make small difference to it sparking or not sparking it will slightly alter the timing but again unlikely to stop it sparking or running at all.

I would personally say it sounds like 95% a coil brake down a total failure round the corner!!

first apologies for not replying sooner

update in case it helps someone else,

I altered the spark gap but the problem still remained so I bit the bullet and replaced the coil pack and that seems to have cured it :thumbup1: I have ran it for 10 mins with no problems and it starts up and runs like a gud un so spot on WeFixIt the problem seems to have been with the coil and thanks as well to Spudulike for another top tip :thumbup:

Cheers guys

Roger