Husqvarna pole race update

Steve Bullman

Real spider-men descend on Warwickshire for the ultimate climbing battle!

Warwickshire event expects 20,000 spectators

Former European, World and Commonwealth 400m Champion, Iwan Thomas

Former BBC Young Sports Personality of the Year and Current European and Commonwealth medalist, Harry Aikines-Aryteetey

Competitors striving to set new world records

Warwickshire opens its doors to the world’s arborist and forestry community this week, as it hosts the Husqvarna World Pole Climbing Championships 2014.

The event will be held at The Ragley Estate, Alcester, as part of APF 2014 (Association of Professional Foresters). An audience of more than 20,000 is expected to attend.

The three-day event will see competitors, both experienced and new, taking on the challenge of climbing a 25 metre pole in the fastest possible time.

The event will come to a dramatic climax Saturday 20th September, when former 400m European, World and Commonwealth gold medalist, Iwan Thomas, hosts the final round before crowning the World Pole Climbing Champion 2014.

To add to the excitement of Saturday’s final, current World Pole Climbing record holder Grant Gallier, who holds a time of 9.077, will take on current Commonwealth and European 100m medalist Harry Aikines-Aryeetey in a “Track vs. Tree” challenge.

This not be to be missed spectacle will see Harry, whom is currently one of the fastest 100m runners in the world, run a 100m sprint whilst Gallier takes on the 25m pole in the ultimate battle of athleticism. With both events taking just under 10 seconds to complete, a photo finish is expected!

“We cannot wait for the 2014 championships to begin,” explains Andy Eastaugh, Husqvarna Trade Marketing Manager.

“We have some amazing competitors with a record 64 signed up, our maximum capacity, so we’re expecting an absolutely show-stopping event.”

For all the latest news on the World Pole Climbing Championships 2014 visit the Husqvarna WPCC blog, which provides up-to-date information on the event: The 2014 World Pole Climbing Championships - Chainsaw, Husqvarna, Forest, Forest And Garden

Real spider-men descend on Warwickshire for the ultimate climbing battle!

Warwickshire event expects 20,000 spectators

Former European, World and Commonwealth 400m Champion, Iwan Thomas

Former BBC Young Sports Personality of the Year and Current European and Commonwealth medalist, Harry Aikines-Aryteetey

Competitors striving to set new world records

Warwickshire opens its doors to the world’s arborist and forestry community this week, as it hosts the Husqvarna World Pole Climbing Championships 2014.

The event will be held at The Ragley Estate, Alcester, as part of APF 2014 (Association of Professional Foresters). An audience of more than 20,000 is expected to attend.

The three-day event will see competitors, both experienced and new, taking on the challenge of climbing a 25 metre pole in the fastest possible time.

The event will come to a dramatic climax Saturday 20th September, when former 400m European, World and Commonwealth gold medalist, Iwan Thomas, hosts the final round before crowning the World Pole Climbing Champion 2014.

To add to the excitement of Saturday’s final, current World Pole Climbing record holder Grant Gallier, who holds a time of 9.077, will take on current Commonwealth and European 100m medalist Harry Aikines-Aryeetey in a “Track vs. Tree” challenge.

This not be to be missed spectacle will see Harry, whom is currently one of the fastest 100m runners in the world, run a 100m sprint whilst Gallier takes on the 25m pole in the ultimate battle of athleticism. With both events taking just under 10 seconds to complete, a photo finish is expected!

“We cannot wait for the 2014 championships to begin,” explains Andy Eastaugh, Husqvarna Trade Marketing Manager.

“We have some amazing competitors with a record 64 signed up, our maximum capacity, so we’re expecting an absolutely show-stopping event.”

For all the latest news on the World Pole Climbing Championships 2014 visit the Husqvarna WPCC blog, which provides up-to-date information on the event: The 2014 World Pole Climbing Championships - Chainsaw, Husqvarna, Forest, Forest And Garden

HI STEVE sound great mate i will watching pole climbing mate thanks jon

I witnessed George Tipping at the age of 81 scale a pole after raising £40000 for marie curie quicker than I think I could. All I can say is well done sir, I tip my hat. Hope I'm still that fit at 81

HI COLETTI i take my hat off to GEORGE TIPPING :thumbup1:i 1st seen him at 2012 APF show and he was faster then chaps here 20/30 years great chap i ask ian flatter how george getting on in the year go george go :thumbup1:thanks jon :thumbup: