Community spirit

Lyn Ed

A short while ago a good mate of mine was tragicly killed in a farming accident involving a telehandler, he was only 43 wife and two kids, on the day of the accident he was supposed to go to a hospital appointment with his wife who was being treated for cancer, but she phoned him to say that she needed to start going on her own, he was killed that morning. A few of his mates thought it would be an idea to do a tractor run for the charity of his wifes choice, expecting about 20 or 30 tractors arrangements got under way, we now have more than 200 tractors booked in, and auction lots are coming in thick and fast, its unbeileivable how communities pull together at times like this, and so proud to be part of it. RIP Johnathan "Butty" Evans.

I have just felt the full benefit of community spirit after losing my daughter(28 years old mother of two)in a car crash.

Hundreds of cards,kind words and support,to the point of the town virtually closing for the funeral.

After telling my woes on here,i had over 80 messages of support,i cant tell you how much it helps!

Tell us when the tractor run is and where

Great effort there in Wales. 11 years ago a good friend of ours, a farm manager, was killed also on his farm: he left a mum and three. The support then helped enormously and the farming community is very good at rallying round.

Best of luck to the bereaved family for the future.