Looking for hardwood - Highlands

Tomatin Firewood

Hello looking for a good supply of hardwood

Am willing to pay £60/ton delivered (ex vat) for birch, beech, oak, ash.

Will also take elm and sycamore for around £40/ ton.

Preferably processable stuff. Please feel free to PM if you can help or even if you know of anyone who may be able to help out.

Sorry can't help but interested to note price differences; round here elm, syc, beech and ash would be the pricier ones with birch and oak being less favoured. Very interesting.

Hello looking for a good supply of hardwood

Am willing to pay £60/ton delivered (ex vat) for birch, beech, oak, ash.

Will also take elm and sycamore for around £40/ ton.

Preferably processable stuff. Please feel free to PM if you can help or even if you know of anyone who may be able to help out.

Just wondering why you would pay more for Birch than Sycamore when Sycamore is a far better and longer lasting log than Birch?

Hodge

I'd agree been chasing syc for years nobody will sell it or its just not about very much syc n beech what I prefer. estates round perth are buying processors rather than putting timber on market timber supply looking grim.

Drove past a scottish woodlands job the other week all the hardwood trees had been chopped into the brash matt.

• 2 weeks later...
I'd agree been chasing syc for years nobody will sell it or its just not about very much syc n beech what I prefer. estates round perth are buying processors rather than putting timber on market timber supply looking grim.

Drove past a scottish woodlands job the other week all the hardwood trees had been chopped into the brash matt.

Brash. That is a real shame. I find Scottish Woodlands up with me since they got a new chap in very difficult to do business with. In fact I think I could say the same for most of the large contractors and hauliers now as they are only interested in large jobs with the mills.

Brash. That is a real shame. I find Scottish Woodlands up with me since they got a new chap in very difficult to do business with. In fact I think I could say the same for most of the large contractors and hauliers now as they are only interested in large jobs with the mills.

thats 8 years been trying to buy from woodlands haven't managed to get a single load yet, tried them about going back into harvesting they were supposed to have a harvesting manager get in touch been over a month and no contact same for RTS out at crieff no reply from the harvesting manager.