tipping logs from a Ranger

slippymurphy

Howdoo

New to this, currently a one man band with a small customer base , i currently deliver from the back of a Ford Ranger (crew cab) with a truckman type top.

Loading up is me handballing in, but looking for a quicker and simpler way of unloading, ie roller system on rear bed, there are a couple of systems out there but not compatible with a truckman top

Want to keep the top.

Any ideas???

Cheers:001_smile:

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Howdoo

New to this, currently a one man band with a small customer base , i currently deliver from the back of a Ford Ranger (crew cab) with a truckman type top.

Loading up is me handballing in, but looking for a quicker and simpler way of unloading, ie roller system on rear bed, there are a couple of systems out there but not compatible with a truckman top

Want to keep the top.

Any ideas???

Cheers:001_smile:

I do exactly the same with exactly the same vehicle (and before you say it Mark, no we don't share it). I like the canopy on as it keeps the stock dry, I can leave it parked overnight outside the house with a full load on knowing it is secure'ish and dry, and I used the pick up for other uses so the canopy is useful. I used to put a tarpaulin down in the rear before loading and then when had small amount left in I could just pull them out but that did not last long. The loadhandlers sit on the tailgate so would interfere with top tailgate so they would not work. Short of a walking floor or having rear converted to tipper using existing rear body I think we are stuck hand balling them out.

I used to put a tarpaulin down in the rear before loading and then when had small amount left in I could just pull them out but that did not last long.

Couple of dumpy bags laid flat in the bed can be used to drag the bulk of the load out. Last a lot longer than a tarp and have handles... handy