Compare Firewood Website *NEW*

Davescay

Hi

I'm in the process of creating a compare firewood website.

Basically as the title says it will be a information site about the different types of firewood and there pros and cons. Seasoned vs kiln dried etc.

I will be advertising my own firewood operation on there. (North East England)

What i'm after is people in other parts of the country who want a listing on there., There will be no charge but will be restricting it to one supplier per area at the minute to see how it goes.

I would appreciate some facts and figures to put on the website, those more willing to assist will get a more prominent listing and potentially a wordpress login to add to the site.

I've no idea what sort of interest this site will generate but will give it a go.

I'm hoping to have a basic layout online by the end of the night. Feel free to PM me with ideas / suggestions.

P.S I'm still learning with wordpress so no advanced programming ideas please

To me all punters will be interested in will be price and that will end up being a drive to the bottom .As once you lower prices its damn hard to get them back up again.

Exceptions being due to supply/demand though

Not quite all, some have been educated but for most its price price price. And of course the word Kiln Dried irrespective of how long its been in a kiln or what the MC warranty is.

An awful lot of people out there have no idea at all how to tell one wood from another, hence a lot of people are getting away with slipping crap into bags or loads. And of course to many wood is wood. ie soft is the same as hard !!.

The older generation who experienced fire in the 60s generally have a better idea of whats what.

A

Not quite all, some have been educated but for most its price price price. And of course the word Kiln Dried irrespective of how long its been in a kiln or what the MC warranty is.

An awful lot of people out there have no idea at all how to tell one wood from another, hence a lot of people are getting away with slipping crap into bags or loads. And of course to many wood is wood. ie soft is the same as hard !!.

The older generation who experienced fire in the 60s generally have a better idea of whats what.

A

I guess depends where you are, older generation round here is used to burning their logs with coal and have no idea about seasoned logs it's like banging your head on a brick wall trying to educate them, roll on the 20yr olds who are happy to do a bit of googling for some basic education first.

Hi

I've had a bit of a response. I'm working on the content.

If you want a listing just send me your company name, website if you have one. A short description of what you sell and a town name where you want the marker to go.

This is first come first served. Only one supplier per general delivery area

If anyone has any good factual articles please feel free to send them over.

Thanks

P.S this isn't going to be a price comparison site as each area in the country has different pricing and competition. It just wouldn't work. It will be a comparison of different firewood on offer

Only just found this, I'll happily get involved. I'm in the heart of East Yorkshire.

I'll get some info together and forward it to you via. I'd also be happy to offer extra help on spec and suggestions on the actual firewood, but not sure I could help much on the I.T. side of things though.