what stihl to buy,

gnfencer

I currently have a Husqvarna 544 rancher, saw with 18 inch bar, I am looking to change the saw to an equivalent Stihl model,

The saw will be used mainly for pointing strainers and cutting beech for firewood, So I ask you the experts for what model to buy to replace it.

A merchant who I spent over 25 grand, with in the last year will have special deals at a local agricultural show next weekend.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if I was given a 261 I'd have still bought the husky 550xp...

In my opinion, it makes no financial sense to have an inferior saw (in my opinion the husky is years ahead of the stihl) if that means downtime and running to and fro to get it fixed...

I am getting cheeses off with my husky the bar was pure rubbish requiring to be filed after every use,

The on off switch on that models are far to easy to turn off accidentally,

Just don't like the saw and I prefer stihls personally.

I will be selling the rancher so hopefully I'll recoup around £300

Sounds like you have the same trouble as me, stihl through and through.

The issue with this is when it comes to buying a new stihl. There's hardly a good one on the market!!

Oh, that's with the exception of the 660😎

Just accept it like I did and buy the husky.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Certainly the ms 362 is a good saw. Same weight but 1/3 more power than your Husky. Well balanced saw and ideal for your use, I certainly don't regret mine.

Ours hardly ever leaves the container whereas there's a race for the 550 every morning, our 261 is dog poo too.