Echo CS360 TES top handled saw

wicklamulla

I bought one last week and done alot of climbing/dismantling and snedding with it already. £375 incl VAT with a 14'' bar/chain combo is excellent value fer money. Easy to start, has a primer bulb, the twin sided chain brake is a joy to use versus the older singled sided chain brake mechanism as fitted to the CS350 TES. It hardly needs choke to start but does take a minute to warm up before you can exploit the power and restarts when hot very easily, in fact i'd say it's easier to restart then an MS200T. The tool clip/loop appears to be very sturdy too but i won't be flinging it about all the same. The air filter stays cleaner then an MS200T's for longer too but i prefer the more robust Stihl type filter as Echo uses a white material that looks like you may have to replace it if it get's too soiled or 'worn'. The oil and fuel fillers are a bit small but you soon get used to them (Husky fuel spout will fit into the Echo fuel tank hole). It appears to be quite frugal. It is not a MS200T in terms of gutsy performance but is very very good and pulls the 14'' chain very well. I have removed the over restrictive spark arrestor from the zorst today which makes it sound 'ballsy' so will report back on any apparent performance gains when i next use it. It feels better to use than any MS201T that i have sampled before (a few), but i do accept there are some good/sorted 201T's out there it's just i have never seen or tried one and i have not tried the Husky 540XPT either. The reason i bought the Echo was, it has had some favourable reviews, and has a basic carb. with no auto tune or silliness, is value for money and seems well put together. It feels quite light and has easy to use controls, there are 2 different moulded palm pieces that you can swap over if one feels more bulbous over the other or you can run without one in place if you wish. So far so good.

spark arrestor in place 024.jpg

and removed 028.jpg

Before I buy another Echo tool I'm going to phone a couple of dealers and ask if they have certain spares in stock. So far not been too impressed and had to wait ages for a key component for my pole pruner.

Well made machines, but as professional users we WILL need spares support service.

Before I buy another Echo tool I'm going to phone a couple of dealers and ask if they have certain spares in stock. So far not been too impressed and had to wait ages for a key component for my pole pruner.

Well made machines, but as professional users we WILL need spares support service.

I haven't found spares a problem, just get in touch with Jason at forest and arb and he will sort you out

Couldn't agree more with the review above. It's a fantastic saw and really flies if you drop it down to a 12" b and c! May have to get the spark arrestor out if it proves a fruitful mod

• 1 month later...

Can someone confirm what bar/chain sizes this saw takes? One seller says 3/8" with a .050 groove, others say .325" with a .050 groove.

Is the bar interchangeable with other makes? If I could use the same bar/chain combo on more than one saw it would make life easier. At the moment I have a different bar and chain for every saw!

I would imagine that the echo would respond well to a muffler mod-the echos usually tend to.

Believe bar mounts are ao41 for the 3/8 lo pro chain and ko41 for the .325

On the upside I also think that all the Ryobi/b and q/gardenline cheap saws all use the ko41 mount so when they pack up prematurely all the bars tend to be Oregon albeit most seem to be 16" so maybe a cheap supply line for you.