4x4 tipper truck--what to do with it?

thecaptain

this aint a for sale thread, just guaging any interest or thoughts on my situation

I have a nissan navara 1998 4x4 with tipper conversion (transit tipper ram) gearbox went and took so long to fix (part sourcing) I had to buy a transit tipper,

just wondering if you were me, would you keep the now fixed 4x4 for those off road jobs? or would you get rid and use the money for something else? would anybody be interested in the truck? east sussex area

any view and comments welcome

scb tree surgggg

i reckon it totally depends how many time syou've wished you had 4x4 tipper whilst driving your transit?

for me i long for the day that my hilux can tip, or even have drop sides! so i would keep ot if i had it! i suppose the other thing is do you totally trust it to do the job when you need it to? i am a fan of older simpler 4x4's so i would keep it.

i reckon it totally depends how many time syou've wished you had 4x4 tipper whilst driving your transit?

For me i long for the day that my hilux can tip, or even have drop sides! So i would keep ot if i had it! I suppose the other thing is do you totally trust it to do the job when you need it to? I am a fan of older simpler 4x4's so i would keep it.

like.

Get shot of em both and get a 130 tipper least if it breaks you can get bits very easily.

It will break! And thats from a landy lover!

Also the payload will be 'very low' if you want to stay legal.

However, the image of a tipping landy is a good one.

Back to you and what you want/need.

Depends what is worth to you handy to have another rig or hassle and cost ? If you could store it you could sorn it in summer keep it for the winter and use as needed, if its taking up valuable space and costing in wasted tax/insurance the money may be better in your pocket/pension/mortgage/rainy day fund. I would guess with that age it's value wont change much over the next few years.