renewed my lgv licence today

predator

being an old scrote i went and had my medical to renew my class 1 again i was going to let it go as it run out last august but decided to renew etc i phoned dvla and they said no probbs and sent me renewal forms out and all i have to do now is my cpc then i,am covered for another 5 years as even though i dont use it these days i,am only 51 yo so would be daft to let it go etc oh and my digi card wants replacing too £££££££££ its a pain to keep upto date with all the red tape these days but only realised yesterday i,ve driven on and off now for 30 years>> skip wagons/ 8 wheeler tippers /bin wagons artics cutainsiders /bulk tippers/hiab wagons /lowloaders plant shifting etc and my cpcs/cscs cards want updating where or when does it all stop tickets for everything thesedays

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

very true :thumbup: i must do my CPC before september

give it twenty years you will have too do a risk assesment to use the toilet :lol::lol:

i,am not sure about a deadline for cpc ticket i looked it up on directgov site and all i could find was the law and when or if you require one :confused1: i know its upto a £1000 fine and free day in court if you hav,nt got it when pulled for hire reward use

Edited by predator

I'm 50. I had my HGV medical recently.

The last time I went to the docs before that was to have my HGV medical. The time before that was to have my HGV medical.

I am aware how lucky I am to not need the services of my doctor, I seriously hate the fact that i am required to do cpc. It is bollocks!

How can it possibly make sense to say I need re-educating on something that a HGV driver does every day.

How can it make sense that that re-education requirement can be satisfied by turning up drunk from the night before and just sleeping all the way through and it still being OK.

How can it be OK to do the same session 5 times and the "course" is satisfied?

How many times do you drive don the road and think "that HGV driver needs re-educating"? and compared to the idiot car drivers on the road who do you think needs re-educating?

This country is just swamped by too many people both living off the backs of those trying to get a job done and doing all in their power to prevent the tryers from succeeding!!!!!!!!

I had my medical last year as I turned 50 what a pain. Don't drive an artic any more but don't want to be told I can't . This cpc or what ever it is ,does it have to be done by September or can I do it as when if needed ? Also when I last had driven a Hgv I was still using the paper discs in the tacograph is a easy to get a card

easy to get a digital card mine wants replacing too so more money again. Also ia,m confused over the cpc deadline as i did,nt come across any whilst reading about it on the direct.gov website so ia,m puzzled as if you only use your own licence for your own use vehicle repairs driving to and from testing station for mots brake tests etc your exempt but how the hell will you get on if you need to go back into driving full time for a living if the deadline is September etc

easy to get a digital card mine wants replacing too so more money again. Also ia,m confused over the cpc deadline as i did,nt come across any whilst reading about it on the direct.gov website so ia,m puzzled as if you only use your own licence for your own use vehicle repairs driving to and from testing station for mots brake tests etc your exempt but how the hell will you get on if you need to go back into driving full time for a living if the deadline is September etc

cpc acquired rights

9th september is when you need to have it sorted by