Replacing carbide tips on stumpy teeth

Shane

Has anyone done this?

Is it economically viable?

I have about 40 multi-tip teeth which are worn to a point where you would die of boredom or wear ot the greenstone wheel before recovering a decent edge.

I've seen the tips advertised but not sure my brazing skills would be up to it.

Maybe nothing to lose given the alternaitive cost of replacement.

PS I know such costs are added into the grinding charge but I can't bring myself to chuck out (or even lift, come to that) all those expensive teggies.

Anyone???:confused1:

Has anyone done this?

Is it economically viable?

I have about 40 multi-tip teeth which are worn to a point where you would die of boredom or wear ot the greenstone wheel before recovering a decent edge.

I've seen the tips advertised but not sure my brazing skills would be up to it.

Maybe nothing to lose given the alternaitive cost of replacement.

PS I know such costs are added into the grinding charge but I can't bring myself to chuck out (or even lift, come to that) all those expensive teggies.

Anyone???:confused1:

I've imported carbide tips from Germany and got a local engineers workshop to braze them on ,they were for a sandvik durodisk ,the teeth cost around £14 here the inserts and brazing came to around £7 total so worth doing ,I do 50 at a time which makes sense carriage wise from Germany.

I've imported carbide tips from Germany and got a local engineers workshop to braze them on ,they were for a sandvik durodisk ,the teeth cost around £14 here the inserts and brazing came to around £7 total so worth doing ,I do 50 at a time which makes sense carriage wise from Germany.

Ps the German included the flux .

Do sandvik tips fit on a Multi-tip tooth? They look so wide.

Do sandvik tips fit on a Multi-tip tooth? They look so wide.

No ,but I think he supplies other tips or other suppliers do.

I was explaining how it can work out cheaper if you buy in quantity,the sandvik teeth are expensive I don't know how much the multitip ones are as I've never used them,always been more than happy with the speed that a sandvik wheel demolishes a stump!!